Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office Space on Film 4

Options
  • 16-06-2009 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see Office Space on Film 4 last night? I never heard of it before, and I thought it was one of the best comedies I've ever seen! I thought everything about it was just hilarious!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, hilarious film!

The best thing Mike Judge (creator of 'King of The Hill', 'Beavis & Butthead' and ** shudder ** 'Idiocracy') has ever done.

Plenty more fans here and here

Got it on DVD meself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Love, love this film! Mike Judge is hilarious in his cameo as Jen Aniston's boss :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

one of the funniest things i've seen.one of my favourite scenes :

Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?
    Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man.
    Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?
    Lawrence: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I were a millionaire I could hook that up, too; 'cause chicks dig dudes with money.
    Peter Gibbons: Well, not all chicks.
    Lawrence: Well, the type of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do.
    Peter Gibbons: Good point.

i know so many people in real life who are just like characters in this ( even the weasely burn the place down guy)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Its been shown on Network 2 RTE 2 a couple of times in the last few years. I think a lot of people can see similarties between their work managers and that Lumberg character. I certainly can with mine.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

pc Load letter! Whats the fuck does that mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

yeaaaaah, i'm gonna have to go ahead and ask you to come in on saturday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

yeaaaaah, i'm gonna have to go ahead and ask you to come in on saturday....

I'm going to have to go ahead and stop you there Bill.

I think anyone who has ever worked in an open-plan office can see they're place of work in that film. They got the boss hierarchy exactly right.

jumpt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

God I love that movie! Especially this scene:

I think everyone has fantasied about doing that to a troublesome piece of office equipment at some point :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

One of my favourite scenes! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

It's a bit of a cult movie actually. In an early episode of The Office (the original UK one) the character of Pete Gibbons is namechecked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Saw it a while back and thought it was really funny, especially John McGinley's character and the guy who mumbles and gets bullied by Lumgerg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Corporate Accounts Payable, Nina speaking? Just a moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Saw it a while back and thought it was really funny, especially John McGinley's character and the guy who mumbles and gets bullied by Lumgerg.
    I thought, if there was one thing I didn't like about the film, it was that fella who mumbled all the time. I thought he was so annoying!! Take nothing away from the film though, it's a classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

A classic movie if ever there was one. Seen it again last week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

basquille wrote: »
    ** shudder ** 'Idiocracy'

Boo. Thoroughly enjoyed Idiocracy. Not as good as office space but plenty of laugh out loud moments for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I think i'l watch it again tonight.

Advertisement