Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Services Card

Options
  • 16-06-2009 11:00am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

quick question here.. my social services card was issued in 1999, will I need a new one to collect welfare money from the post office? It's got the right number and details on it, but I don't know if they reissue these things and I just lost my more recent one or if this will work fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

It might work.

Better to head into the office and ask, though, since it might have gotten cancelled when you were issued your new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Cancelling a card means nothing other than it says 'cancelled' on the Social Welfare computer system. The card itself isn't cancelled and can still be used in the Post Office if there's a payment there. Of course, if the card is damaged then it can't be used.

Advertisement