Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car license.

Options
  • 16-06-2009 3:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is right section, but I didnt find any other for this.

So, from what age am I allowed to have car? and to have a license? I am 16 now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

17 for B learner permit.

More info here

and here

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

arleitiss wrote: »
    Not sure if this is right section, but I didnt find any other for this
    What about the Learning to Drive Forum? ;)
    arleitiss wrote:
    So, from what age am I allowed to have car?
    You may own a car at any age - the restrictions only apply to driving one on a public road.

arleitiss wrote:
    and to have a license? I am 16 now.
    You may do the Theory Test now. If you pass, and reach 17 years, you may apply for a category B Learner Permit. This will allow you to access public roads for the purposes of learning to drive but you are legally required to be accompanied, have insurance, tax etc.

At 16 years of age, you may apply for a Learner Permit in categories A1, M or W (after having passed theory test first). There is no requirement to be accompanied in these categories.

Advertisement