Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build - Foundations/Ground Works/Footpaths in Limerick/Cork/Clare/Kerry area.

Options
  • 16-06-2009 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi gang,

Been a while since I posted but just nearing the completion of my self-build. This is going to sound like one of them JML adverts on TV but it's no advert and there is no connection between me and the guy in this post...besides the fact that he's working on my self build at the mo.

Have around 8 more weeks to go in the project and just had my bio-treatment system installed, second fix plumbing/electrical going on at the min. Felt I had to post regarding the guy that did my foundations/ground works on the site. The guys work has been A1 and unbelievably impressive. I didn't know the process as this was my first and "only" self build...very stressful. But he walked me ad the missus through the steps from start to finish, explaining the pros and cons of every decision that had to be made. We discovered that we had to do a raft foundation after he dug down for the strip foundation but he took it in his stride and didn't charge us for basically doing two sets of foundations. Alot of my buddies and family members couldn't get over how skilled he was with the trax and his overall attitude to tidiness on the site....and my attention to detail is second to none. He also did a number of odd jobs around the site like; filling in radiator holes after the plumber/moles had taken lumps out of the floor, knocking down some rotten trees in the site, and spent a full Saturday helping me and my Dad put up a 13 x 10 shed that I bought on eBay and according to the instructions "only takes 2 hours to construct" :mad:

I have no relation to this guy from either a family or commercially sense....but I felt that as the project draws to an end I had to post. If anyone wants to get any further details as they set out on their selfbuild voyage (which is full of highs and lows BEWARE!!!), give me a PM and I'd be more than happy to put you in touch with him.

Later guys n gals...and g'luck on the journey,
    Cul :)

Advertisement