Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary Level Chemistry

Options
  • 16-06-2009 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I seriously need help, im up in a heap

i NEED predictions

anyone got any?? PLEASE!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭deex

theres not really much predications for ordinary level, since there's a lot less stuff and it comes up year after year... i'd say if you know the following chapters well, you'll be able to answer 8 questions grand:

1) volumetric analysis obviously haha, theres only 3 experiments for us as far as i can see?
    2) organic chemistry, we'll get THREE questions in this, one in the experiments section and about two others, so know this reeeeeally well
    3) rates of reaction, almost always comes up
    4) basic stuff like the scientists, atomic theory, thomson, dalton, mendeleev, we almost always get a question on them - electronegativity and periodic table will go in with this too
    5) acids and bases / ph
    6) oxidation and reduction

and then you'll be grand! bits and pieces of all of the above will come up in question 4 as well which is usually a handy 50 mks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

I'm terrible at Organic Chemistry, really worried about it :( I just feel so confused trying to read it from the book....is there any easy summary anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Ciaral

thanks so much,

that really takes the pressure off!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭deex

no prob!
    also i'm gonna learn chemical equilibrium as a back-up, just in case the other stuff doesnt suit me perfectly!

Advertisement