Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying the iPhone 3Gs - O2 Store V's CPW?!

Options
  • 15-06-2009 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Guys,

Planning on getting the iPhone 3Gs on launch day on bill pay. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Now, all I need to do is decide who I am going to buy it through - O2 or CPW? I see that CPW will give me 40eur for an old phone that I have. Just wondering if people have had any issues with CPW in the past? I hear that there customer care isn't up to scratch?!

Any views?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Well my mate works for them so i can't but take his side:D

BUT what i like is that they don't push any specific network. I can also only speak of the customer care i see in his store a lot of times the staff do what they can but the networks let them down.

Their landline service talk talk is rubbish and the customer care (phone) on that is awful. That can cause a lot of trouble for the in store staff.

I have dealt with the o2 store twice before and found them....ok, nothing special. But they might have more units on the 1st day.

Oh and i'm gettin the 1st one in his store:cool::p

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

I got my 3G in CPW and they seemed okay. The only issue is that they will push their own insurance policy rather than the one O2 uses. Wasnt keen on CPW insurance but wasnt given O2 option but Im sure could have got it if I called O2 directly.

Staff were very friendly and knew what they were talking about.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I went with CPW for the 3g, and as the last poster said, they push their own insurance, which isn't worth the paper it's printed on, i had a big problem with my 3g, and i had a BER report...and they still wouldn't replace it, so i had to buy another 3g!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

eeloe wrote: »
    I went with CPW for the 3g, and as the last poster said, they push their own insurance, which isn't worth the paper it's printed on, i had a big problem with my 3g, and i had a BER report...and they still wouldn't replace it, so i had to buy another 3g!

wow thats bad, i must remember that when getting mine.

Do the CPW get different stock levels from the O2 stores on the 1st day ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Were there queues the last time? Heading on hols on the 26th so haven't a lot of time on the Friday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Zuko

Do the CPW get different stock levels from the O2 stores on the 1st day ???

Thanks for that. Sounds like there isn't much between them, although I'd sure like to know the answer to the above question?!

Advertisement