Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOARDS <3 SAVIOUR

Options
  • 15-06-2009 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

errlloyd wrote: »

I think everyone is starting to feel a bit isolated and alone from all the hours of study. (Thank you boards for saving me from the worst of it)

Errlloyd just made me realize how much boards actually helped- anyone else think they would have gone a bit crazy if they didnt have during the grueling exams, i havnt really been talking to anyone else other then my closest friends and family - deleted my facebook so that social contact was impossible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Absolutely,I can barely remember what I used to do with myself before this whole leaving cert carry-on.
    Time to get a life again,I haven't been "social" since the week before the exams started,always to wrecked/pissed off to give a damn about talking to people.
    I <3 BOARDS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Yeah Its great to be able to share opinions about the different tests and get advice from people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

I totally agree.! Especially because I love post mortems...:pac:

However, I have to admit that I would have gotten a lot more study done without boards...got very addicted tbh!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Errlloyd just made me realize how much boards actually helped- anyone else think they would have gone a bit crazy if they didnt have during the grueling exams, i havnt really been talking to anyone else other then my closest friends and family - deleted my facebook so that social contact was impossible

....lick

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

mink_man wrote: »
    ....lick
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

lick...

Banter. Yeah boards has been a good help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

I heart boards xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Damien671

Only joined to get help for exams but I have found it a great help and a bit addictive also
    But what will I do with all this free time next week?, I think I'm going to have to start watching a lot of tv

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

take up a new hobby, maybe stamp collecting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

phasers wrote: »

Isn't that was Ruthenthorpe said about Science.

"All science is physics, the rest is just stamp collecting"

Shortly before getting a nobel prize for Chemistry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

mink_man wrote: »
    ....lick

id rather not :o

boards has saved me, i havnt had proper social contact since 3 weeks before the leaving (i left school early) i used to go out for a night out at least once a week and would see my friends everyday, its gonna be weird getting my life back and saying bye to boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

phasers wrote: »

Nah,we can just talk about how bored we are on boards :pac:

Or 'boreds' :D

terrible,i know..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Yeahhhhhhhhh, I'm kind of more like..
    "Boards is a prick. A distracting prick". Don't really see it as a saviour but at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I found Boards a saviour in that it brought to my attention several useful sites.

Waaaaay too distracting though. (Strangely I registered here during the JC - what a joke that was.)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

boards has saved me, i havnt had proper social contact since 3 weeks before the leaving (i left school early) i used to go out for a night out at least once a week and would see my friends everyday, its gonna be weird getting my life back and saying bye to boards
    Nobody says bye to boards.It now owns you

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Nobody says bye to boards.It now owns you

hahahaha! This is true, i finished my exams last thursday and im still on here checkin out how everybody is surviving and just because its addictive:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Boards got me through my exams, predicitions were a blessing from most :D 'I get by with a little help from my friends' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Walsh wrote: »
    Boards got me through my exams, predicitions were a blessing from most :D 'I get by with a little help from my friends' :D

Your right about the predictions! Somebody predicted that an essay on hope would be up for english p1, i prepared and essay and was able to twist it to the appropriate tittles! helped alot because im horrible at making up essays on the spot!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Absolutely,I can barely remember what I used to do with myself before this whole leaving cert carry-on.
    Time to get a life

yeah seriously when ever i had notting to do during the leaving i just studyed what now???

damn I think ill just spend the summer in a pub:o
    or doing something else???:confused:

such as stampcollecting!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

It hasn't helped me because I'm alright at studying... Although it got me very worked up and panicky when I was reading the physics thread. I found the paper hard and I didn't like reading that everyone really liked it. So I had a freak attack! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

It really did help me a lot, my last exam is tomorrow and if it wasn't for boards I definitly wouldn't be in calm condition I'm in now.
    Whenever I felt anxious the night before an exam I'd go on here and see that people were in the same boat as me, it really calmed me down. I was able to ask questions and get answers quickly, definitly helped me pass Irish.

By the way does anyone remember English Paper 2? Totally wasn't worth all the fuss in hindsight:D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

I initially joined boards to get info on what was going to be on my mocks. :P
    But it's proved very useful over the last few weeks!
    <3 to you, boards and other people who helped make boards what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

We should have a Boards L.C. party somewhere out in the country!:pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Saul-Good wrote: »
    By the way does anyone remember English Paper 2? Totally wasn't worth all the fuss in hindsight:D
    We told ye so, we told ye so, we told ye so, we told ye so, we told ye so, we ...

Ok, I'll stop now!! :p:D

Oh yeah, whoever first recommended Rescue Remedy saved my orals from becoming a complete farce. So thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Monzo wrote: »
    Oh yeah, whoever first recommended Rescue Remedy saved my orals from becoming a complete farce. So thanks!

I drink a bottle of the stuff before an exam! Good as alcohol!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

JSK 252 wrote: »
    I drink a bottle of the stuff before an exam! Good as alcohol!:D

ok you have spent way too much time on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Saul-Good wrote: »
    We should have a Boards L.C. party somewhere out in the country!:pac:
    God knows Ive got shit all to do over summer!

So now that weve all graduated, come september will we all have stopped visiting the LC forum and moved our own ways?

We'll be laughing our asses off on our respective college forums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Monzo wrote: »

Placebo tbh

Advertisement