Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drop in construction

Options
  • 15-06-2009 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Should I drop to ordinary in construction. I done a good project, did not do so well in the practical. I'm really worried i'll fail and I do not understand anything in ordinary or higher level papers. Can someone tell me what a good way to study is for the next 2 days? Should I just go over book or papers? I'm really worried I won't get a pass so please help!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

well boy i understand how you feel!I only got 22% in the mocks but i will still do higher wednesday or i wont hit my 250 points target.You said you did well in the project....id say id be lucky to get 6 or 7% in the practical but sh&t in the practical.Look from what ive heard just go over all the drawings,nail the u-value yoke(im in the process of doing this),foundations,plumbing,site safety,planning.Hope this help boy!!!best of luck wednesday id say we'll need it lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

ordinary or higher?

Depends if you want to use construction for points for college. If you need the 45 points a HD3 would give you then do honours. If you need an OD3 to get you into a course then you should not risk failing and so should do the ordinary.

You have to weigh up the risk of failing against what the benefit of passing would be. Maybe you have done well enough already in other exams that how you do in construction might not matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

http://www.examinations.ie/archive/examiners_reports/cer_2005/LCConstructionStudies2005.pdf

this is the chief examiners report on construction for 2005. I dunno if the syllabus has changed since then but its worth a look.

No need to read all 35 pages....just the important bits.

Have a look at the marking schemes as well on www.examinations.ie

Advertisement