Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NERVOUS???

Options
  • 15-06-2009 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Is anyone else nervous about next year???

im scared to go to college... i feel safe in school!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

NO i couldnt be less nervous ive repeated, i swear to god after the 19th i never want to spend another second within the walls of a secondary school. The majority of my mates are in college it looks like the best fun ever & youll make new friends everyones thrown in the same boat just be friendly go out on the course nights and youll be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Tractorgal xx

Iv repeated too, and at this stage I feel I just can't leave school.

It's been a part of my life for so long, I can't deal with the change.

All my friends have gone ahead now, so I've been left behind anyway. I can't go to college alone.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

ah it will be fine,im going to Galway next year not knowing anyone.From what I have been told it's easy enough to meet people in college as everyone is in the same boat and they have so many social event on!
    I dont think nervous is the word I would use I would say it is going to be a great laugh I am excited:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭SugoiHito

Im scared that next year wont be as good as i expect it to be...or that for some strange reason,i wont make new friends...but im a pesimistic person so it will probably all be graaaaand:rolleyes:(i hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Polarity

I'm worried I'll have to repeat. :(

• Advertisement

Polarity wrote: »
    I'm worried I'll have to repeat. :(

I think I will be repeating for the 2nd time :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

The only thing im nervous about is NOT GETTING INTO COLLEGE in the first place. I moved around alot when i was younger so im totally used to being 'the new kid'. Its really not that scary,plus there'll be loads of incoming first years with us who are just as lost as us. plenty of fodder for friendship :)

i just can't leave the security of my school...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DAVID_KEARNEY

im repeating in the college of commerce for the 4th time and im def going for the 5th!!i make loads of friends each year and i get really high points every year!!honestly its so much fun i think everyone should do it!!my parents think im crazy but my friends just think im a par-tay animal!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I bet I won't make any friends, I'm a bit shy! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I have this bizarre feeling that if it comes to it, I wouldnt mind repeating.

I dunno, like this year has been pretty unpleasant, but if I was to repeat, I could drop English/Irish/French which (While I love Irish) have caused me nothing but grief!

I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

yeah but then you'd have to take up subjects that you'd only have a year to do!

ok on a serious note... seriously... i am repeating i did ag ag sci in a year and i think its the only thing iv got an actual chance of getting an A in!

ya see tractorgal there's always a silver lining!!and sure next year we can come on and no doubt mr s will still be on here making friends!:)

i was actually talkin to sinead mr s!

and noway am i repeating with him he will get me expelled or something!!

no its physics and astrophysics for me i think

ok im probably going to get treated like a nasty bitch for saying this but you need to grow up, im guessing if youve repeated your at least 18 probably 19, staying in school forever is not an option, now is the time to move on and see what else is out there, i think your being pretty childish tbh granted you might be nervous about college thats normal but i really think your going a bit OTT

thanks lass!!much appreciated for that!

Ya I'v seriously gotta move on with my life!
    Kearney hun cya tomoro for de moral support;););)
    gonna go study chem before i kicked off this again..

have fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

I wish I was a mod....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

TractorGal and Mr Kearney, I would like to redirect you both here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=98 it will help explain what boards is and how it works. It's not a random chat. Everyone please stay on topic.
    thanks

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055587046

tractorgirl why are you bothering to lie about the points you got last year

460 - 590

big difference

repeating again would be stupid, not to mention it wouldnt look very good on your CV and youd probably end up having to pay fees when you eventually decided to go to college

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

I CANT HELP IT IM A SERIAQL LYER I HAVE PROBLEMS

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Mods, these two were at the same thing over on allhonours.ie bout 5 hours ago - WUM's the pair of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Right that's it, I'm in no humour this evening, I was tidying up this thread as I felt a lot of people probably are nervous about college but goshdarn it noone stays on topic.
    Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement