Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hey lads-- left behind. Always

Options
  • 15-06-2009 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Just a bit of a moan, I hope ye dont mind and i hope you can shed some light on things for me.

I moved to Oz because of a two year relationship that went wrong. We broke up, she ended up with my friend. They now live together.

Fell in love here, spent a year with the girl, it didnt work out. For six months, every single time we meet she has been telling me she loves me but refuses to get back together. She is also seeing someone else but contines to play me whenever we meet.

I know. I sound weak.

I dont get into relationships often and when I do they are serious.

My problem now is--when i see my ex it drives me crazy. I have been driven demented by months by her games, her tears, her mixed signals. its my own fault cos i let her, I know, but she has been incredibly cruel to me and I cant believe its happening again....

Also, I cant be with someone else. CANT....its like I have shut down. This happened with my last girlfriend too. They have both ended up with other people and Im alone.....again.

Has anyone ever been in this situation? watching people move on but incapable of doing the same? I really really want to meet someone but the ol heart wont let me!

Sorry, this has been a top class moan!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 FuzzyWool

It's alright to have a bit of a moan every now and then. I'm in a similar situation to you.. My ex-gf who I'm still totally in love with broke up with me recently and it tortures me to see her around the place. There's no chance she'll get back with me and she's moving away soon, so I guess I'm lucky that I won't have to see her so often and this will help me get over it. You say you're in Oz? Maybe you should travel around the place a bit, meet new people.. Don't be thinking about the next beure you want to meet. I find that the times when you really want a girlfriend, you never seem to meet anybody.. you'll meet somebody when you're relaxed, not thinking about your ex-gf and just out there having fun! Also your ex-gf shouldn't be treating you like that.. you should probably cut off contact with her for your own sake..

Don't be sad..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You have to take as long as you need to heal. When my first relationship ended it was two years before I was able to start the recovery process. Hooking up with someone just because you're lonely is selling yourself sort and thats coming from someone who knows what it means to be alone in the world.

Advertisement