Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipod won't connect?

Options
  • 15-06-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Ok so my sister got an ipod(nano) for her birthday, however, I'm running windows 2k and on the apple website, they have a section for windows 2000 users. It says to download version 7.3.2 (or something) of itunes which I have done.

Now when I plug it in to sync (put the songs on the ipod) I get a message saying that "The ipods "IPOD" cannot be used as it requires itunes 8 or later".

The problem there is that itunes 8 requires windows XP or later which I dont have or think my computer can support anyway.

So is that basically saying that Apple let you download a version of itunes thats not actually compatible with the ipods?

Anyway just wondering if there is a way around this at all???

I checked the support page on apple dot com and found nothing helpfull.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Ok so my sister got an ipod(nano) for her birthday, however, I'm running windows 2k and on the apple website, they have a section for windows 2000 users. It says to download version 7.3.2 (or something) of itunes which I have done.

Now when I plug it in to sync (put the songs on the ipod) I get a message saying that "The ipods "IPOD" cannot be used as it requires itunes 8 or later".

The problem there is that itunes 8 requires windows XP or later which I dont have or think my computer can support anyway.

So is that basically saying that Apple let you download a version of itunes thats not actually compatible with the ipods?

Anyway just wondering if there is a way around this at all???

I checked the support page on apple dot com and found nothing helpfull.

You could try downloading Anapod, a program that allows you drag and drop music onto the iPod like it's an external hard drive, rather than syncing with iTunes.

It sounds like the version of SW on the Nano is too new to use the old version of iTunes.

And you should seriously consider upgrading from windows 2K;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If its the new iPod Nano you need iTunes 8, as detail on the system specs (also on the box).

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Crash Override

Victor_M wrote: »
    You could try downloading Anapod, a program that allows you drag and drop music onto the iPod like it's an external hard drive, rather than syncing with iTunes.

It sounds like the version of SW on the Nano is too new to use the old version of iTunes.

And you should seriously consider upgrading from windows 2K;)

Thanks I'll give it a try and yeah I know, but my computer has the RAM of a toaster and it very old :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Crash Override

If its the new iPod Nano you need iTunes 8, as detail on the system specs (also on the box).

Yeah its the new one alright ... I hate apple .. LOL

Advertisement