Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlsberg Elephant

Options
  • 15-06-2009 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy Carlsberg Elephant in Ireland? I have searched but to no avail. :(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I've a feeling it used to be around, but I've not seen it here in years.

I like it. If Okocim Mocne is still in stock anywhere, that's fairly close, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Jesus, that stuff brings back memories of working in Copenhagen - i was on the floor after 4 pints...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭kindalen

not my favourite strong beer.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭i-digress

I love it, and when anyone I know goes to Copenhagen they get me some...it's annoying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tashiusclay

i really hope its available somewhere, i was introduced to it by a croation friend here in sydney who had a similar dislike for aussie beer that i had, now myself and everyone in the house will never buy anything else apart from elephants when we're buying a crate, it really is a beautiful beer, so clean and distinctive. if i cant find it on my return home to ireland soon ill be gutted!
    if i do manage to locate it there ill post up here. have you tried asking any off licences to order it for you? maybe if yourself and a few friends went in seperately enquiring about it the owner might realise theres a bit of a demand for it. worth a try!

• Advertisement

a similar dislike for aussie beer that i had
    If I lived in a city with a pub like the Lord Nelson and a ready supply of Little Creatures, I wouldn't be running after Danish tramp lager.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Yes, I'd move to Sydney just for Little Creatures.

Beautiful Beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

BeerNut wrote: »
    If I lived in a city with a pub like the Lord Nelson and a ready supply of Little Creatures, I wouldn't be running after Danish tramp lager.

Great brew pub and a nice beer all right

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tashiusclay

BeerNut wrote: »

Hmm, what i meant in my dislike for aussie beer was the mainstream thrash like xxxx, tooheys etc, ill gladly take my 'tramp beer' over them any day, and over most commercial beers that ive tried so far(i'm not a beer expert, i'm only just starting to dip my feet in the water of mainland european beers e.g duvel, chimay blue's etc).the main exception of the aussies so far is coopers green, which i'm starting to become quite a fan of.
    But the mention of this little creatures had me curious, and i always like trying new beer suggestions, so i picked up a bottle of it from the offey on the way home, just sipping on it now, and i have to say i'm very impressed,
    such a lovely light fruity flavour, will defo be picking up some more pretty soon. I assume this stuff isnt available in ireland?

i'm only just starting to dip my feet in the water of mainland european beers
    Don't go making the assumption that Australian beer = crap; European beer = good -- there's good and bad on both sides.
    I assume this stuff isnt available in ireland?
    Used to be. Oddbins did it for a while. Not seen it in a couple of years though.

I'm sure there are other quality Australian beers available to you, but I don't know what they are. The universal rule is: if it's on TV or a billboard, or sponsors a major sporting event or team, don't touch it :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement