Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye all gonna do..

Options
  • 15-06-2009 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭

..between now and August to keep your mind off the results?
    Had a feckin dream last night that results were out! It was so real!! Woke up and realised I havent even finished yet!:mad:

Ive got nothin really planned to keep my mind off it. Was gona try and work, but well, thats not lookin too good!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

Jammyc wrote: »
    Ive got nothin really planned to keep my mind off it. Was gona try and work, but well, thats not lookin too good!

Me too.

It's actually so depressing...
    Think I'm going to spend the summer worrying...:(
    (Between going out/oxegen)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I had a dream that martha from home and away wouldn't stop following me around and annoying me. she's such a whiney little biatch and she was crying and stuff. yeah I'm not going to worry about results at all, I know I did fairly crap so meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

I just found out that they're sutting down 4OD.Looks like I'll be tryin to get in as many episodes of Hill Street Blues as possible.Was lookin for a job but that doesn't seem likely . . . .
    So for the most part it'll be watchin Hill Street Blues,being on the golf course the whole time with my new clubs,southern comfort and bulmers pear-Not too shabby:D . . . . Better get breakfast ready

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Reilly616

Had a feckin dream last night that results were out! It was so real!! Woke up and realised I havent even finished yet!:mad:

WELL;

June: About 3 or 4 18ths, including my own. Also going to Bill Bailey for mine on 27th. Poker night on the 21st.

July: A week on valentia with a dozen friends!

August: A week in Rome with my Gf.

I think that should keep my mind off results!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

well finished Thursday, so after that sleep for a bit.
    Then a week in Bundoran with friends, Slane, a couple of days in Bray with other friends, Oxegen, playing at a wedding, my 19th, Metallica, bf's birthday, results, Debs. With a couple of nights out interwoven :p
    COLLEGE!!!!
    wooo! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

What's the point in worrying about results which you have no control over? It makes no sense.

Just enjoy your summer and forget about the results until they're out. There's far more important things than your LC results. Go have a life for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

K4t wrote: »
    What's the point in worrying about results which you have no control over? It makes no sense.

Just enjoy your summer and forget about the results until they're out. There's far more important things than your LC results. Go have a life for a while.
    Ahh Im not worryin, I'm just anxious to know how I did!
    well finished Thursday, so after that sleep for a bit.
    Then a week in Bundoran with friends, Slane, a couple of days in Bray with other friends, Oxegen, playing at a wedding, my 19th, Metallica, bf's birthday, results, Debs. With a couple of nights out interwoven :p
    COLLEGE!!!!
    wooo! :D
    Niice, except Bray!! :eek: uugh! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Limerick on Friday for a Shels match, Slane, mate has a free gaff for a week, then I've a two week free gaff, add in a few more Shels away matches and hopefully a week or two of work, along with looking forward to Ibiza the week after the results.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

stop saying gaff, please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

I had a dream that martha from home and away wouldn't stop following me around and annoying me. she's such a whiney little biatch and she was crying and stuff. yeah I'm not going to worry about results at all, I know I did fairly crap so meh

No offense but that's one crappy dream, of all the possible, fantastical, crazy things that could happen in a dream that happens...:D

Once this terrible business of the L.C. is over and done with I think I'll get back to the one thing I've had to completly stop for these exams: MY LIFE!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 DUDE!

I've been making a list all year of things that I couldn't do because I'd feel guilty for not studying instead. By now theres like 20 things to do like watch all season 2 of Gossip girl and like learning to drive.. just things like that!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

mink_man wrote: »
    stop saying gaff, please!

Sorry, my Country Estate! Flippin' culchies.;)

Saul-Good wrote: »
    No offense but that's one crappy dream, of all the possible, fantastical, crazy things that could happen in a dream that happens...:D

Once this terrible business of the L.C. is over and done with I think I'll get back to the one thing I've had to completly stop for these exams: MY LIFE!!

I know it was a horrible dream I hated every minute of it, I guess you could say it was a nightmare :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

Work,,:(
    ACDC concert :D
    Plan OXegen:)
    Oxegen:D
    Prom:)
    Then I only have 3 more weeks until them so maybe try plan a weekend away for after results and make it really elaborate and complictaed so I'll be kept busy planning it until labout the day of them.:cool::cool:
    That or resort to mind numbing alcohol every night after work,, either way could work:rolleyes:
    :P

but really are people actually going to be thinking about results? once I'm finished I know the next day I'll have forgotten all about it and only remember about a week before we get them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Work, Oxegen and Germany with my girlfriend! Happy days! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

im going to camp outside the school with a tight grip on my rosary beeds reciteing passages from the bible until the faithful august 12th..................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

AHAHAHA I hate martha too - SPA

summers gonna be spent searching for a job thats all searching searching searching

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

I shall do all the things on my "Stuff I can't do because I'm doing my LC" list. Which included watching ****loads of kids cartoons, reading all the books I've been saving up since mid-term, watching a bunch of films, catching up on the new series of Dexter, Ghost whisperer, House and any other TV series I've missed, and knowing me I'll probably waste sereral hours fecking about with my CAO form! Good Times!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nihilist21

I have a towering pile of books on my desk which I have been meaning to read, so that will take up some time. I think I'll be going on a trip to, not sure where though (thinking perhaps Russia / Italy). Not to mention that we're moving too, so I'll be helping out somewhat with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Work (I hope - not sure if my jobs been sorted yet), Slane this week, Oxygen, European Tour and try and buy a car!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

I'm working...in my school. My mammy works there, and I do filing and stuff there every year during the holidays. I'm happy, it's a nice job!

I don't think it's going to be too hard to forget about the results for June and July, but I think I might start panicking a little in August :P. Bit late for it I know, but I'm not a very rational person :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Imo there's no point "worrying all Summer". The results aren't random, as some people seem to think.

Advertisement