Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Match thread ** Tue 16/6 20:15 WES1 Boardeaux Vs Shakthar Senseless

Options
  • 15-06-2009 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

A win and some goals needed here this week.

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - No
    Dan -
    Michael - Yes
    Cathal -
    Geoff -
    Mick Mc -

Midfield -

Gav - Yes
    Iain -
    Lepo -
    Dave -
    Pat - Yes
    Conor - Away
    Collie - Yes

Strikers -

Ciaran - Yes
    Jules -
    Eddie -
    Art - Injured

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - No
    Dan -
    Michael - Yes
    Cathal - Injured
    Geoff -
    Mick Mc -

Midfield -

Gav - Yes
    Iain -
    Lepo -
    Dave -
    Pat - Yes
    Conor - Away
    Collie - Yes

Strikers -

Ciaran - Yes
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie -
    Art - Injured

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

We really need to try and knock in a few goals here lads.

Keep it tight at the back and push hard to score.

With Ketamine Vs Roys Rovers on before hand a win could put us clear at the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton - Yes

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - No
    Dan -
    Michael - Yes
    Cathal -
    Geoff - Yes
    Mick Mc -

Midfield -

Gav - Yes
    Iain -
    Lepo -
    Dave - Yes
    Pat - Yes
    Conor - Away
    Collie - Yes

Strikers -

Ciaran - Yes
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie -
    Art - Injured

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - No
    Dan -
    Michael - Yes
    Cathal - Injured
    Geoff -
    Mick Mc -

Midfield -

Gav - Yes
    Iain - NO
    Lepo -
    Dave -
    Pat - Yes
    Conor - Away
    Collie - Yes

Strikers -

Ciaran - Yes
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie -
    Art - Injured

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton - Yes

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - No
    Dan - Yes
    Michael - Yes
    Cathal -
    Geoff - Yes
    Mick Mc - Yes

Midfield -

Gav - Yes
    Iain - No
    Lepo -
    Dave - Yes
    Pat - Yes
    Conor - Away
    Collie - Yes

Strikers -

Ciaran - Yes
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie -
    Art - Injured

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Goalkeepers -

Daryl - Yes
    Clayton - Yes

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - No
    Dan - Yes
    Michael - Yes
    Cathal -
    Geoff - Yes
    Mick Mc - Yes

Midfield -

Gav - Yes
    Iain - No
    Lepo -
    Dave - Yes
    Pat - Yes
    Conor - Away
    Collie - Yes

Strikers -

Ciaran - Yes
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie -
    Art - Injured

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Goalkeepers -

Daryl - Yes
    Clayton - Yes

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - No
    Dan - Yes
    Michael - Yes
    Cathal -
    Geoff - Yes
    Mick Mc - Yes

Midfield -

Gav - Yes
    Iain - No
    Lepo -
    Dave - Yes
    Pat - Yes
    Conor - Away
    Collie - Yes

Strikers -

Ciaran - Yes
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie - YES
    Art - Injured

Goalkeepers -

Daryl - Yes
    Clayton - Yes

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - No
    Dan - Yes
    Michael - Yes
    Cathal -
    Geoff - Yes
    Mick Mc - Yes

Midfield -

Gav - Yes
    Iain - No
    Lepo -
    Dave - Yes
    Pat - Yes
    Conor - Away
    Collie - Yes

Strikers -

Ciaran - Yes
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie - Yes
    Art - Injured

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lads, I'm car-less tonight, is there any chance of a lift to and from citywest?

I'm sending your number to Gav, he should be able to sort you. He just texted me looking for it.

• Advertisement

Juts missed a call from him, will be sorted for a lift.

No excuses tonight.

Let's make no bones about this, we are playing a team who are bottom of the league and haven't won a game all season.

We should win this game and win it well.

There is no room for complacency, and if I see it the people will be dragged off.

Whilst the games against the top of the table opposition are surely a test of character, how we conduct ourselves against opposition like tonight is equally important.

I want to see no swagger, no laughing on the pitch or on the sideline. I will take an EXTREMELY dim view of that.

We have a job to do tonight, we have to do it well.

Des send me a PM/text if you're short. I know I haven't given the greatest amount of notice lol.

1-0 win, We made hard work and probably expected this to be a stroll in the park.

Cracking goal by Martin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Tough game. We underestimated them slightly. Been keeping that one in me for when it was really needed :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yep, another strange performance but another 3 points in the bag. Soon enough we're gonna actually play well but until then we'll keep taking the points if they're going!

Don't be misled by their bottom of the table position - the centre half told me that they have a different bunch of players every week and this was their strongest. No team with that number 16 in the middle of the park each week would go so long without a point, he was class. We are prone to letting an opposition midfielder sit on the halfway and dictate the game which is a strange one given that our centre midfielders played well I thought. First game in a long time when neither of our wingers could get into a game, they've been on form so often it was bound to happen sooner or later. I was a yard off getting on the end of a through ball a few times tonight, some were deflected or overhit though I would've hoped to get onto a couple of em. Sprint sessions for me at the weekend it is so.

Despite our best intentions, we should just not even mention the opposition form next time cos our history suggests when we say 'don't be complacent' we actually do so a little bit.....so for next week, the Monks are table toppers!

Nothing clicked in the first half but I felt we were much improved going forward second half and that was another good testament to the character of the team: not one player (or manager!) paniced and we just kept playing our game knowing the goal would come, though I thought we benefitted from being just a little bit more direct in 2nd half. On the flip side, the game did get stretched as we often see and that led to them getting a few very decent chances, though I did have a strange feeling of comfort I fully believed we would score a second if needed. It just seems that sense of belief is there across the whole squad now, great thing to have.

Excellent strike into the top corner from outside the box Martin to finish a lovely passing move too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Big lesson to be learned about winning 1-0 before thinking of lots of goals. The striker they left upfront knew what he was doing and worked it well during the game and they had some great chances before and after the goal in both halves. They split the centre-halves well (not Dan/Pat/Geoff's fault) and combined well with flicks

Our goal came from nothing really, but preceded a good 10 minute period before they got on top again. The late marking in midfield seemed to isolate the top two though and certainly got more comfortable than it was earlier.

Second week in a row where the opposition could be feeling hard done by to lose, so hopefully the strong performances are still left in the bank...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

Well done lads.

Sorry I couldn't be there, should have given Des a bit more notice.

My mate from New Zealand was heading back home and was only in Dublin for the night, so we had to give him a send off. Last game I miss in a while.

Again, fair play. Sounds like the last few games we've played.
    Jules was talking a few weeks back about when we started the team and how different things are now, too true.

Advertisement