Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Field Site

Options
  • 15-06-2009 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭

Myself and my partner at at the first stages of building a house. Wehave picked out a site and have a general idea of what design we want.

We are ready to approach a draughtsman / designer to get the plans drawn up and submitted to the County Council for planning.

What is the average cost of getting to this stage i.e Cost of Draughtsman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Juantorena

We employed an engineer to draw-up and submit the planning materials (as well as oversee the works).

Cost - for planning related work - was €2,620 +VAT (€3,170.20) - didn't really shop around on this so not sure how representitive this figure is.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭olympicweights

I design and submit planning applications for new builds and extensions in the Limerick area. Generally the cost for a two-storey or 1.5 storey dwelling would be [EMAIL="€1700+vat@21.5%"]€1700 + vat @ 21.5%[/EMAIL] and less for a bungalow/dormer (depending on their size). You would need to get an engineer to oversee the build and provide certs of compliance etc., this typically costs €1500-€2000. I hope this helps and the best of luck with planning!

Advertisement