Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Streetcar Sighted entering Newport

Options
  • 15-06-2009 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

Hello All,

I could not believe my eyes.

The Google Street Car has been sighted by ME entering Newport in North Tipp. I was particularly shocked by this because that area of Tipp is not even covered on Google Earth so I will be shocked it the camera was actually switched on and not just travelling from Limerick to Thurles and onwards.

I still waved. My OH cringed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

It was probably just passing through, i'v seen it twice in South Tipp heading twoards Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

it followed me for about 5 miles between thurles and rearcross a few days back, at first i thought it was the fashion police, i'd have been screwed

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I tend to wave to them although in Castlebar I gave it the bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Fear

Saw the streetview car this morning parked up on the "old" Cahir bypass. It was parked there where the trucks pull in just off the big roundabout on the N24 on the Tipp side of Cahir.

It had the GPS Camera retracted and covered at the time as it was raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Fear wrote: »
    Saw the streetview car this morning parked up on the "old" Cahir bypass. It was parked there where the trucks pull in just off the big roundabout on the N24 on the Tipp side of Cahir.

It had the GPS Camera retracted and covered at the time as it was raining.

I was wondering about this(being a nerd) about what the driver does when he checks into a hotel. That kind of equipment surely attracts the wrong element.

• Advertisement
Advertisement