Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banshee...

Options
  • 15-06-2009 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd throw this up here... I've an uncle who is critically ill in hospital. Last night, a good friend who was down to see him in hospital over the weekend claims to have heard the Banshee and whatever he heard, his girlfriend also heard this wailing noise. He rang one of my cousins today and told him what he heard.

Now my uncle has stabilised a bit over the weekend and we're all praying he will come out of this, but all the same we have someone who saw him over the weekend claiming that he heard the banshee last night...

Just thought I'd throw it out there as a skeptic... Will keep ya'll posted...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Where was this? Ever heard a fox screaming?

Banshees warn family members, not good friends.
    Quite a cruel thing to say to a family in the circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

My sister heard a Banshee when she was about 12, Looked out the window and saw a black figure in our back garden. the next morning a neighbour died. Spooky or what? They seem to follow certain families such as Byrnes, O'Tooles etc. old Irish families.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 O'TOOLE79

This is a real 1950's thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

This was actually a 1980's thing for her:rolleyes:.
    Your just freaked out.. O'Toole. I'm a Byrne by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

amacachi wrote: »
    Where was this? Ever heard a fox screaming?

I agree about it probably being a fox! Doesn't really matter where it was as foxes can be found in cities and towns as well as the countryside!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

a very good friend of mine rang me one night to say he'd heard the banshee and that he believed his grandfather, who was in hospital, was in trouble. He then rang me back half an hour later to say they'd been in touch with the hospital and his grandfather was dead. he was a tad freaked out by it.

Cats and foxes can sound like a woman crying though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

and on the other 999 times you heard a scream and nothing happened you just forgot about it. A bird pooped on my head and I found €20.00 soon after. So now I stand under the local rookery.

I am not belittling anyones experience, just trying to observe that we make associations that we want to be real, mostly at an unconscious level.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

You sure it wasn't kitty sex? They do tend to be quite vocal when gettin' it on..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

nipplenuts wrote: »
    I am not belittling anyones experience, just trying to observe that we make associations that we want to be real, mostly at an unconscious level.

Well, the OP and others hardly want this association to be real!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

nipplenuts wrote: »
    and on the other 999 times you heard a scream and nothing happened you just forgot about it. A bird pooped on my head and I found €20.00 soon after. So now I stand under the local rookery.

I must ask the fella if he heard the banshee 1000 times. Somehow I doubt it. not trying to belittle anything but just pointing out sometimes some comments can be a tad blase.

Advertisement