Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed day to collect payment of JA......

Options
  • 15-06-2009 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭

I recently finished college and unfortunately I've had to start claiming JA.

I collected the back-dated money on Tuesday and the letter I received from the SW stated I should collect every Wednesday after that. Foolishly, and I realise it's totally my own fault, I never thought of collecting the next day, didn't think of it because I'd received the money the day before.

Only realised my mistake this evening and I'm wondering what happens now? Is that weeks payment lost or can you collect two weeks at once? Does the SW become suspicious of you for not collecting? As you can tell, I'm new to all this malarkey.

To complicate matters further I'm at my home place in Cork until Tuesday, I'm living in Dublin but have to be here until Tuesday, so can't get into the SW office in person.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭vanessamee

bigkev49 wrote: »
    I recently finished college and unfortunately I've had to start claiming JA.

I collected the back-dated money on Tuesday and the letter I received from the SW stated I should collect every Wednesday after that. Foolishly, and I realise it's totally my own fault, I never thought of collecting the next day, didn't think of it because I'd received the money the day before.

Only realised my mistake this evening and I'm wondering what happens now? Is that weeks payment lost of can you collect two weeks at once?

To complicate matters further I'm at my home place in Cork until Tuesday, I'm living in Dublin but have to be here until Tuesday, so can't get into the SW office in person.

When i was on js it happened to me you only ave a week to collect any one payment after dat its send back but you claim it back, also i dnt knw if this has changed as it was 4 years ago ur best bet would be to contact your lacal swo and you could as them to pay it in to ur bank account.
    Hope this is of some help:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Been trying to ring the SW office since 9 this morning, they don't even answer the phone. What a frustrating Dept. to deal with.:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

vanessamee wrote: »
    also i dnt knw if this has changed as it was 4 years ago ur best bet would be to contact your lacal swo and you could as them to pay it in to ur bank account.

I don't think that's an option any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

all allowances were stopped being payed straight to bank accounts.it must be collected weekly.if not collected on the day it goes back.you can apply to get it back,usuelly takes 2 weeks or so

Advertisement