Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights in the sky

Options
  • 15-06-2009 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi I live in the clonsilla area and last night at about 11.30 I was just having a cigarette by the window when I notice about 4 to 5 lights in perfect formation one after the other taking the same route up into the sky it was very strange, there was a fair distance from one light tothe next and as one disappared into the sky another one would come from the distance and join the end of the cue if you like, and what was also very strange was that one of the lights that was about second last in the cue split into 2 maybe 3 pieces and droped down and out of view I could see another 2 people across the road on a balcony with binoculars also looking at the lights, eventually they all disappeared. I know there could be a simple explaination for this but it was just so wierd because each of the light exactly copied the one in front of it, it reminded me of the Amercan UFO TV shows.

Thoughts......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 AnthonyK16

I was driving through Enniskerry County Wicklow last night and saw the same thing as mentioned above. There was twenty to twenty five orange coloured lights that kept rising and getting brighter. I would usually be quite sceptical about UFOs and the like but this was really weird. I presume there is an explanation for it and would love to hear what people think it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

looks as though your describing fireworks from a distance,

Go on , admit you were using your scope to look at Take That playing Croker ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 GlenRayJohnson

LOL Take That. I dont think It was fireworks cos they wouldnt last this long, it all happenen over like a 15 min period and also how would fireworks stay in such a perfect pattern one after the other moving across and turning upward into the sky if you saw it yourself you wouldnt think fireworks. At first I thought it was like a few jets or something...... but so many

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fascination

Hi, this thread just caught my eye on the bulletin. I came across this earlier...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/picturesoftheday/5540246/Pictures-of-the-day-15-June-2009.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 AnthonyK16

It was like the objects in the picture but they were much more abundant. Fireworks could be the answer although they seemed to stay in the air for 5-10 minutes .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,019 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Spotlights from the circus in Blanch shingin on the clouds I'd say.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

These things had me call the Coastguard one night about a year ago. They'll fly perfectly silently and in unison as they go up. They're also hard to fully get bearings on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAdNKPR8gZc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Would they fly in perfect formation?

I hope there is such thing as alien craft:D come on down

Few years ago a guy caught a perfect pic of one over a town somewhere in Ireland i saw the pic only once and then all of sudden never heard of it again:confused: Also good few years ago we watched something fly around the sky for about two hours and it circled around before flying straight up and disappeared.

shqipshume wrote: »
    Would they fly in perfect formation?

I hope there is such thing as alien craft:D come on down

Few years ago a guy caught a perfect pic of one over a town somewhere in Ireland i saw the pic only once and then all of sudden never heard of it again:confused: Also good few years ago we watched something fly around the sky for about two hours and it circled around before flying straight up and disappeared.

They do yeah. I watched 8 being set off individually and they all took the same path. Up from Dalkey and over into Dublin Bay where it looked as though they caught an off shore breeze then rose up and hovered a few hundred feet up. They stayed lighting for about 15 minutes.

humberklog wrote: »
    They do yeah. I watched 8 being set off individually and they all took the same path. Up from Dalkey and over into Dublin Bay where it looked as though they caught an off shore breeze then rose up and hovered a few hundred feet up. They stayed lighting for about 15 minutes.

Sounds nice to :)

• Advertisement

shqipshume wrote: »
    Sounds nice to :)

Yeah very beautiful. Their rate and fluidity of movement is determined by the natural forces around them, which isn't something you get too see drawn out so graciously every day. Which is why they often catch people out.

humberklog wrote: »
    Yeah very beautiful. Their rate and fluidity of movement is determined by the natural forces around them, which isn't something you get too see drawn out so graciously every day. Which is why they often catch people out.

I think might use them some day for something special :)

Advertisement