Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the consequences of unlocking the iPhone

Options
  • 15-06-2009 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting my iPhone unlocked so I can go back to meteor.

But what functions will I lose?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

None....from what i can see anyway, well apart from visual voice mail, but that doesn't work with o2 anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Oh right.
    Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Oh right.
    Nice one.

Warranty is voided (technically, but not apparently in practice).

Automatic ability to upgrade software on itunes (although the unlockers usually catch up pretty quick).

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

3DataModem wrote: »
    Warranty is voided (technically, but not apparently in practice).

If you are unlocking it to move to meteor I presume that the contract is up with O2. In that case the warranty doesn't matter as it should be finished by the time you complete the contract.

If you purchased outside of Ireland then I don't think the warranty matters much anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

eeloe wrote: »
    None....from what i can see anyway, well apart from visual voice mail, but that doesn't work with o2 anyway!

That should be it as I know lots of iPhone users who switched to other networks. Unsure how iPhone OS 3.0 will effect issues like multimedia messaging and tethering on other networks as the operator files may need to be updated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement