Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Archery with Two Young Daughters

Options
  • 14-06-2009 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi All.
    I have always wanted to try Archery but as with life things just get in the way.
    I have two daughters aged 7 and 8. Has anyone girls of this age interested in the sport. I would love to find a sport that I could share with them. Do Archery clubs work that way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Yup,

As a sport kids and adults can pick it up at the same time. There are clubs that do beginners courses, and there is a Cadet category for young archers.

Where are you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Warden Dios

Thanks for the reply.
    I'm based in Westmeath. I think there is a club at Portlick, Athlone which would be within reasonable travelling distance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Carebear11

Your best bet for an IAAA club nearest to you would most likely be Galway archers based in GMIT. Dunno if this is too far to travel for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ruiner

Portlick have recently joined the IAAA. I'm not sure if they have set themselves up for beginner courses yet though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Rhood

Hi All.
    I have always wanted to try Archery but as with life things just get in the way.
    I have two daughters aged 7 and 8. Has anyone girls of this age interested in the sport. I would love to find a sport that I could share with them. Do Archery clubs work that way?
    There is a club in Athboy called Frayne Archery Club which may be able to help you out depending where in Westmeath you live. Contact fraynearchery@eircom.net

• Advertisement
Advertisement