Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stood on my new glasses :(

Options
  • 14-06-2009 10:05pm
    Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭

Well I got new glasses a few weeks ago when I was in New Zealand and the first day I got them I bloody stood on the things. They are plastic frames so I cant get them back to their normal shape for my face :o but I was wondering if I went into my regular opticians would they sort them out? anyone else over done this? I seriously feel like such a clown! LOL:pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I hate when stuff like that happens hun!! so annoying.
    You could go back to your opticians and explain what happened and they can see if they are able to repair them. They may or may not charge for it, if you're a regular customer a slight adjustment will usually cost you nothing. (Again depends on the place etc)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Awe I know, I was kickin myself when I did it :( I'm due back to my regular optician who i've always been going to for my 2 year test in August. I think I'll just wait till then and bring them. you see they are those plastic frames that I'd say would have to be heated up and re-shaped :( I'm such an idiot! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

We've all done it.

Someone stood on mine recently and am getting new ones tomorrow as a result. :p

We've all done it.

Someone stood on mine recently and am getting new ones tomorrow as a result. :p
    I only had them about 4 hours! clumsy or wha?:rolleyes: anyways its just the frames that are out of shape, the lens are still intact. But thank got I have a few other pairs I can wear untill I get them sorted! IF I can get them sorted :(:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

I have had plastic frames remoulded to my shape, not in the place i bought them and they didn't charge me.

I stood on my Ray Bans while packing for my holiday, i had never worn them and bought them about 24 hours before, took them back to the optician, ended up spending a further €200 to replace them - total €400 got to america to see my style of ray-bans on sale in a retail outlet for $130!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭madra-rua

Most Opticians will attempt to fix them, although this can be dodgy if it's not one of their own frames, there's no guarantee that the technique they use will fix the frame, if it's a brand they're not familiar with they might not know how much heat to apply to reshape the frame, etc. It's worth a try though :)

madra-rua wrote: »
    Most Opticians will attempt to fix them, although this can be dodgy if it's not one of their own frames, there's no guarantee that the technique they use will fix the frame, if it's a brand they're not familiar with they might not know how much heat to apply to reshape the frame, etc. It's worth a try though :)
    :eek: :eek: :eek:oh no dont tell me that! :( I absolutely LOVE these frames. oh I think I'm just going to have to go and see if they can/cant remould them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I've been there - sat on them, and a friend elbowed me in the face.

Both times they were fixed for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Re-shaping plastic frames are a regular occurance for me, I know I wouldn't charge for any king of re-shaping. I enjoy the challenge:D Most spectacle frames are Cellulose Acetate and are re-shaped at aroung 57 degrees, so just wait for a hot day and give it a whirl:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dublingirl09

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin where I can get a lense fixed on a pair of Ray Ban Sunglasses? One of the lenses is broken and I bought them in America:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭adamstown1

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin where I can get a lense fixed on a pair of Ray Ban Sunglasses? One of the lenses is broken and I bought them in America:cool:

I have a selection of spare Rayban lenses in my store.
    If i have one that fits your frame you can have it for free.
    I am on a day off tomorrow and will be back in-store on Saturday.Ask for me when you come in.

Philip
    Vision Express
    19 Henry Street
    Dublin 1

Advertisement