Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found lost dog.. what to do?

Options
  • 14-06-2009 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey,

for 2 days now there is a dog waiting in front of a door. When I go to my work I can see him for every time a day.

Today I knocked on the door too ask what is going on. A man opened but he said that this dog is not his one. I can't understand why this dog is waiting there when its not his one...

I feel very sorry for this dog and want to know who I can call that he gets a new home. Hes without water and food.

I dont think that the owner is reading here but anyways... the dog is located in Dublin 8 near Thomas Ct near the small Graveyard just at the corner with the street to Guinness storehouse. If youre there you wont miss him.

Thx for help.

Regards

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

http://www.dspca.ie/

Stray dogs may be seized by the Council’s Dog Wardens. They will be brought to the Dog Pound where they will be kept for five days. A “stray dog” is a dog which is in a public place and not accompanied by the owner or some other responsible person.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

What happens after 5 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Knortzsch wrote: »
    the dog is located in Dublin 8 near Thomas Ct near the small Graveyard just at the corner with the street to Guinness storehouse
    That's St Catherine's Park/Cemetery at the corner of Hanbury Lane and Thomas Court and near Rainsford Street (Guinness Hop-Store).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

You could try and post it here in the lost and found thread as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭holidayhere

CianRyan wrote: »
    What happens after 5 days?
    That is the sad part. Not a happy ending.
    It's a pit that those facilities are not better advertised.
    Many people pay good money for a pet.
    Some of those animals would make great pets

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Knortzsch

contacted dspca now

i hope that they can help him

if you want to support

http://www.dspca.ie/prevent_cruelty_to_animals.php?number=65&sectionnumber=1

dog can be found at St Catherine's Park/Cemetery at the corner of Hanbury Lane and Thomas Court and near Rainsford Street (Guinness Hop-Store).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

contacted dspca now
    Oh no :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Knortzsch

That is the sad part. Not a happy ending.
    It's a pit that those facilities are not better advertised.
    Many people pay good money for a pet.
    Some of those animals would make great pets

what happens after these days? will they put them to sleep or what do u mean when u say "not a happy ending"?
    Oh no :(

yes I feel very sorry for him but its his last chance. u can see that he feels really bad. at the first day he stood in the middle of the sidewalk. on the second he sat there and on the third hes lying in front of the door.

is there someone with good english who would call their services at "01 4935502/04 (choosing option 1)"? want to be sure that they dont forget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Uncle Oswald

After 5 days the dog is murdered.

There is no other way to describe it.

I would imagine that at some stage Ireland will be prosecuted by the EU for this barbaric practice. It strikes me as being highly illegal.

Alternatively you can inform the DSPCA who may be able to take the dog on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Uncle Oswald many countries put dogs to sleep on a daily basis and some not with a needle that sends the dog to sleep. Not that I am for dogs being put to sleep but we are over run with unwanted animals it's the owners who don't spay and neuter and allow their pets to wander that are the problem.

Btw the DSPCA do put animals to sleep well they put healthy rabbits to sleep anyway if they haven't the space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Contacting the pounds in these cases should always be the last option as the turnaround on euthenasia is pretty quick.

Check on www.irishanimals.ie for rescues that operate in your area - http://www.irishanimals.ie/general/index.html. Most rescues will offer to temporarily try to foster the animal out while they look for the owner so you are not left stuck with it. If that search fails then they will put it up for adoption or rehabilitation if necessary.

You are also welcome to post the found dog's details for free on my site (see signature, no registration required) and you could also post on the dedicated forums on lostdogs.ie and Pet Ireland though there is a registration required on both sites and Pets Ireland manually approves registrations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

They're not necessarily put to sleep after 5 days. There's dogs in Ashton Pound that have been there for weeks now and haven't been destroyed. Plus they have a good chance in that pound due to Dogs in Distress.I hope there's a happy ending for this little fella. Let us know if you hear anymore Knortzsch

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I know sometimes the DSPCA or other shelters sometimes go to pounds and take the dogs they think have a good chance of getting adopted. We found a stray once and we wanted to keep her but legally she had to go to the pound for five days in case an owner came forward.

We went back after five days to find out that the DSPCA had been after her because she's so gorgeous :D

So not all dogs have a sad ending, you did the right thing OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

On a lighter note I spent 20 minutes following around a dog yesterday trying to read its collar, thinking it was lost.

It turned out it was my neighbors. That was embarrassing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

At least it wasn't one of their kids :D
    On a lighter note I spent 20 minutes following around a dog yesterday trying to read its collar, thinking it was lost.

It turned out it was my neighbors. That was embarrassing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭cloudy day

After 5 days the dog is murdered.

There is no other way to describe it.

I would imagine that at some stage Ireland will be prosecuted by the EU for this barbaric practice. It strikes me as being highly illegal.

Alternatively you can inform the DSPCA who may be able to take the dog on.

Why don't you give him a home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭population

Hey,

for 2 days now there is a dog waiting in front of a door. When I go to my work I can see him for every time a day.

This is a strange one. I came home from a night out and basically stood on a dog that was laying asleep on my front doorstep by accident. The dog leapt up, looked at me surprised and I just patted it and went up to bed. Next day, the dog was lying very lethargically on my doorstep staring into the neighbours garden, (the neighbour always had dogs and they were forever having pups). I thought maybe this dog might have something (i dont know what exactly:pac:) to do with that.

So the dog lay outside for 4 days and one night the snow came down, I looked outside and it was shivering. I took her in and brought her to the dspca the next day. Nobody claimed it and after a week they called me to say they were putting her down the next morning. I just couldnt hack the thought of that and 13 yrs later she is snoozing in her basket beside me as I type.

I love her to bits and cant imagine not having her now, but to tie in with the original poster, to this day I find her actions over that week veeeery strange and can understand why you are wondering about this seemingly out of the blue canines hanging around a house for no particular reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭cloudy day

Population

Awh that is such a sweet story. Poor dog.

I do believe, some people just turf them out without a care.

Advertisement