Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling from Leopardstown

Options
  • 14-06-2009 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just a quick question - how long does it take to communte from Leopardstown to Ballsbridge in the mornings?

We're thinking of moving out there and we're argueing about the length of time. I know it's only about 7km distance,

Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

Hi guys,

Just a quick question - how long does it take to communte from Leopardstown to Ballsbridge in the mornings?

We're thinking of moving out there are we're argueing about the length of time. I know it's only about 7km distance,

Thanks guys

Bit of a toughie .You can have some horrible traffic delays on that route ..Timewise a good 40 mins perhaps maybe a tad longer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Hi guys,

We're thinking of moving out there and we're argueing about the length of time. I know it's only about 7km distance,

Thanks guys

Well the 46A, 46C, 46D and 145 will take you from either White's Cross or the junction with Brewery Road to Donnybrook Garage in about 20 minutes with bus lanes all the way, and no diversion via Stillorgan village in the morning peak. From Donnybrook garage it's 15 minutes walk.

The 63 and 84 will bring you down Anglesea Road to Ballsbridge, but these are less frequent.

The 47 will bring you to Donnybrook Garage from the Sandyford Industrial Estate (operating from Belarmine near Stepaside and via Murphystown Road).

Finally there is one journey left on the 118 that operates via Brewery Road to Donnybrook depot each morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

It depends on where in Leopardstown you are thinking of.

If you mean 'old' Leopardstown - the triangle between Brewery Road, Leopardstown Road & N11 - then as above there are loads of buses which have a clear run (apart from all the other buses in their way) into Donnybrook.

If you mean 'new' Leopardstown - anywhere south of that which the developers thought might benefit from the Leopardstown name but which is really more like Sandyford or 'the side of the mountains' then the bus routes drop right down and the time to travel goes right up. As above the 47 covers some of that area and is reasonably frequent as far as I can tell. It will get you to Donnybrook Garage.

z

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

[for the purposes of not starting a new thread]

If I was to need to be in Maynooth for 9.15am which 66/67A should I be setting out on from the city? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

0800 66 or 0745 67A

Or probably better the 0815 train from Pearse which arrives Maynooth for 0900.

• Advertisement
Advertisement