Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Music - Help needed urgently!

Options
  • 14-06-2009 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

Ok, I'm studying music outside school and I haven't done anything at all for the Irish music essay. There's just so much in it and I have absolutely no idea where to begin! I know it's not that many marks but I messed up a few important papers already so I need a good grade in music and can't afford to just throw marks away...

Any suggestions on what to focus on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Firstly, let me just point out: the irish music essay is worth 10 marks out of a total 400. That's 2.5% of the overall exam. Don't be freaking out over these essays! Honestly, they don't matter.

Secondly: run out and buy Rapid Revision if you have no copies of irish essays. Then learn off anything to do with post 1950's, fusions, influence of irish music on north american folk music etc. One of those always comes up.

Thirdly: FFS concentrate on the composing paper and the set works! They're worth a HUGE amount of marks! You can do really well without ever doing an Irish music essay in the exam. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

Me too, I'm in the exact same boat, fact is it's next to impossible to make time for music every week when you've another 7 subjects to be looking after...

I'm covering : dance tunes, ornamentation, seán ó riada, the chieftains, sean nós and collectors.

Hopefully that's enough! :)

So far I've learned...none of them. (Accounting and Chem getting first priority...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

aine-maire wrote: »
    Me too, I'm in the exact same boat, fact is it's next to impossible to make time for music every week when you've another 7 subjects to be looking after...

I'm covering : dance tunes, ornamentation, seán ó riada, the chieftains, sean nós and collectors.

Hopefully that's enough! :)

So far I've learned...none of them. (Accounting and Chem getting first priority...)

Thanks :) ... I've got a lot of chemistry to learn but I don't like the idea of having to study the entire music course on wednesday :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

Firstly, let me just point out: the irish music essay is worth 10 marks out of a total 400. That's 2.5% of the overall exam. Don't be freaking out over these essays! Honestly, they don't matter.

Secondly: run out and buy Rapid Revision if you have no copies of irish essays. Then learn off anything to do with post 1950's, fusions, influence of irish music on north american folk music etc. One of those always comes up.

Thirdly: FFS concentrate on the composing paper and the set works! They're worth a HUGE amount of marks! You can do really well without ever doing an Irish music essay in the exam. :D

Oh yeah, the composing paper...forgot about that :o... That's reassuring I guess, thanks!

Anyone else think this Irish essay nonsense is vaguely reminiscent of Stair na Gaeilge on Irish Paper 2??

1fahy4 wrote: »
    Anyone else think this Irish essay nonsense is vaguely reminiscent of Stair na Gaeilge on Irish Paper 2??

Yep,except this time I'm REALLY hoping they'll just repeat last year's :p

It's ridiculous how few marks go for it though, honestly...

What do you mean btw, is it not possible to study the entire course in one day?That's what I'm doing...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Lol I'm cramming the entire music course on wednesday... I just don't have time to before then! Damn accounting and chemistry.....:o

Damn accounting and chemistry.....:o

+1 :pac:

Advertisement