Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgotten Irish poem - may have been on Leaving at some point

Options
  • 14-06-2009 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Seeking help. See this thread is anyone can remember poem with line: "Saol an chipín ag dul le sruth, Saol an néil éagruthaigh"....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭7Steve

Are you sure it even exists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

7Steve wrote: »
    Are you sure it even exists?
    Was just thinking that, a quick google only throws up boards, and then a few places that have one or two of the words but nothing concrete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Try translating it and searching with the translation, often its translated and talked about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 guliolopez

Thanks for that, but there are scarce few Irish poems "online" - unless they happen to be on current/recent LC curricula. And sometimes not even then. As you say therefore, Google hasn't been much help.

I tried "translating and Googling it", too. But again nothing. (FYI: Translation of those lines = something like "life of a twig floating with the stream, life of a shapeless cloud".)

What I'd hoped in posting here was that someone (student, teacher or someone with better memory than me) might recognise it and could open their Irish poetry book to the page. Rather than pointing to a Google search page I missed.

(FYI. I'm pretty sure it exists. If it doesn't, and I made it up myself in a dream, then I may just give up the day job and start my own poetry corner... :) )

Advertisement