Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Show at Anna Harvey - Tullamore

Options
  • 14-06-2009 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi everyone!
    Was anyone here at the IKC Dog Show in AnnaHarvey, Tullamore today?

It was a good day.

Pity about the odd shower but other than that it was a good day.

Lovely dogs, numerous breeds.

Stick up a post if any of ye were there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I dont think that was an IKC show, there was a an IKC show in cork on saturday alright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭valpuk

Hello everyone

Can anyone tell me about any dog shows that will be coming up in the near future.
    I want to get my puppy into a couple of them to get her used to being in them and around so many dogs.

Thanks

If its championship shows you are looking for then go to showdogsireland.com and it lists all the shows coming up with the schedules on it too with all the details.

What part of the country are you in as a lot of them are in Cloghran, Swords.

Your dog must be IKC reg to show at these shows, what breed is it as a matter of interest? if you are looking to show then you should try going along to ring craft classes first to practice what you need to do in the ring.

Every breed is handled and shown a little different to other breeds so its good to learn what exactly goes on in the ring with your breed.

If you have any other questions just shout.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭valpuk

Hi Andrea

My apologies, it was the Midlands Canine Society Show.

I was disgusted cause I had only found out about it on Wednesday and when I phoned to enter my pup I had missed the closing date.

I have an 8 month old female Bichon.

Shes very cute but its a pity that I missed the show, i wanted to get her into the puppy show when shes young to get her used to it.
    I took her with me to the show yesterday to get her used to being around so many dogs. I got to correct her behaviour while there so she will learn quick,
    She surprised me actually, shes very protective of me and my fella. If someone arrives at house or passes the car while we are in it, she will bark and bark at them. Shes not viscious, just very alert. When we were at the show, she was so good. Loads of kids wanted to play and pet her and she was a bit wary then but thats due to being man-handled by kids when she was very young, she is extremely careful when she sees kids coming to her, she gets nervous.
    Anyway as I said she was so quiet at the show.... until this gorgeous black and white Akita entered the ring. Sassy freaked ! ! !
    I have no idea why she acted like that, and it was only when he was in her view. When the Akita show finished she calmed down and then he entered the ring again for best in show and she went mental again.

Sorry Valpuk, my apologies too!! It was an IKC show, but just not a champ one, it was an Open one instead:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭looserock

Here is a link to the ikc, you can download an entry form which you will need to complete and send to ikc about 4 weeks before any show you'd like to enter.

http://www.ikc.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=32&Itemid=47

www.showdogsireland.com has all the schedules for the shows on that, or www.dogshowentry.ie you can enter the shows on there once you have all the regsitration details for your dog.

Advertisement