Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Height: dating a girl who's taller than you...

Options
  • 14-06-2009 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick question, moreso for the girls here...

I've started hanging out with this girl lately and we're spending a lot of time together (8 hours yesterday), even though we only met a little over a week ago. I think she's extremely pretty and we have great conversations etc., and I'm thinking of making a move because I think I'm smitten.

Anyway, the thing is, I'm 5'7 and she's about 5'10. I never usually fancy women that are taller than me, but in this case I can't help it. But how do most women feel about men that are shorter than they are?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Fail to see the RI, but anyway. Doesn't matter what most of the ladies here feel about it. what matters to you is how she feels about it, so go find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

If she fancies you height shouldn't come into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

I wouldnt worry on the height issue. My OH wears very high heels and towers over me. Its cool going out and I enjoy it.;)

After a while its something you or other people dont even notice. Say if you are at a resterant or driving somewhere or whatever.

Just keep doing what you are doing and dont be so self conscious on the height issue. It'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Beth1978

You've found someone you really like, enjoy spending time with and are totally smitten! What are you waiting for!!!!? I'd love to be in your situation so stop worrying about a few inches of height and grab this with both hands!! Height, schmeight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

If it were an issue the two of you wouldn't be where you are now.

It obviously doesn't concern her so forget about it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I'm 6'1 so pretty much tower over most guys I meet. My last boyfriend was 5'11,didnt make any difference to me. If I really,really like someone then height really isnt much of an issue though personally I prefer someone who is taller than me being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i'm not that tall 5'5 or 5'6, but even i've been out with guys shorter than me! if she genuinely likes you she won't care, though some girls can be superficial about it. all you can do is give it a go and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just look at Sarkozy and Carla Bruni... they don't seem to have a problem with it.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Bernie Ecclestone and Slavica his wife were together for 30 years before the divorce and she towered above him.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

She doesn't seem to mind it, so if you don't have a problem, there really is no issue :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

I'm 5ft 4 and have gone out with two guys smaller than me, it was never an issue and one of them went on to marry a woman who's about 5ft 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

My boyfriend is only an inch or two taller than me. So I am taller than him in heels.

I thought it'd bother me at the start. It doesn't at all. I fancy and love him so much that it doesn't matter a flying f*ck tbh.:D

Basically speaking - it's all about the person involved. If my boyfriend was 6ft, then he wouldn't be who he is.

If someone fancies you and likes you for who you are, then height wont be a problem. Simple as.

As previous posters said - the opinion that matters here is hers. And if she has a problem with it, not much you can do about it. But not every girl will feel this way.

Thanks to everyone who replied. It's always great to get insight and support from others. Cheers folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This

my OH always says trees are easy to climb when they are on the ground... :eek:

I'd just like to bump this thread to thank everyone. We're together now and it's all sweet. Boards.ie and its users are great!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

This was actually done over in the ladies lounge recently if you want to have a look you will get it straight from the horses mouth so to speak!

Advertisement