Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stunt Show in Clonshire not the real thing

Options
  • 14-06-2009 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭

It appears that the stunt show in Clonshire is a rip off of the real Scott May stunt show that is still coming to the racecourse on the 20th.

An irish stuntshow has been playing dirty tricks when advertising its visit by using a Scott Mays shows posters as there, they put their slips over the others stateing the venue and dates have changed.
    See here for examples - Changed Posters

{See below for official posting at their website from Last Night}. I went along yesterday and was dissapointed as they announced several things that did not actually run - the mini bike and the rollover mini etc. They just padded the time with "Clowning" and the "Tank Girls" and its not a tank its an APC so save your euros and wait for the real deal. I have photos of the smaller show here.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Munster.Images/DareDevilStuntShow

WORLDS BIGGEST TOURING STUNT SHOW APPALLED BY IMITATION OUTFIT!
    Stunts UK Ltd presents, Scott May's Daredevil Stunt Show, the worlds largest of its kind.
    Due to the success of the touring show in Scotland, England and Wales the team are embarking on their first tour of Ireland, having been invited over by the Irish Greyhound Board, several racecourses and raceways.
    Scott and his team commence the Irish leg of their Daredevil Tour on Friday 12th June until Sunday 21st June 2009, performing at 10 different venues.
    Members of the publicity team are already in Ireland and they have experienced threatening behaviour from a smaller imitation stunt show. Unbelievably, they have photocopied the official Scott May's Daredevil Show posters, removed "Scott May" from the top of the poster and placed their tour dates at the bottom, making it almost impossible to distinguish between the two shows, in an attempt to dupe the public into thinking they will be attending one of Scott May's shows.
    They have also placed cancelled stickers over the Scott May posters.
    DO NOT TRUST POSTERS STATING THAT THE DATE AND/OR VENUE OF OUR SHOW HAS BEEN CHANGED!
    (Correct dates/times/venues can be found within our website)
    Company Director and founder of the show, Scott May, is disgusted at the behaviour and attitude of this imitation group, he said, "I cannot believe the extent to which this group have gone, they could ruin the reputation of the show that I have established over the last 19 years." Cornishman Scott continued, "I have even been contacted by venue owners and radio stations asking if I have cancelled my shows. A person, pretending to be my show agent has been spreading malicious words that my shows have been cancelled. I can categorically state that none of our shows have been cancelled and to save disappointment I ask that members of public who wish to see the World's number 1 touring stunt show to visit our website (www.scottmaydaredevil.co.uk) to find out more information regarding the show."
    The official tour will be performing shows in Wexford, Kilkenny, Dublin, Kilbeggan, Dundalk, Naas, Waterford, Rosegreen, Limerick and Cork. The copycat show appears to be travelling around Enniscorthy, New Ross and possibly moving onto Tipperary or Cork.
    Members of the public are advised that if they do attend the imitation show that it is not part of Scott May's Daredevil Stunt show and that they may be disappointed. It may not contain the stunts that are advertised on our official posters. Additionally, venue owners should be advised that this copycat company maybe using the good name of Scott May, in order to acquire the venues for their tour. This tactic has already been identified at several venues in the South East region of Ireland.
    Scott May's show is an action packed one and a half hours of thrills including car crushing monster truck destruction, human cannonball, motorcycle, car and fire stunts, incredible two wheel driving displays using a quad, buggy, car, van and believe it or not, at some venues, a 7.5 ton lorry driven on two wheels.
    Those spectators daring enough to ride in one of the show's mega monster machines have the chance to win a ride in Europe's only ride on monster truck. The truck aptly named 'Slaine' has 10 seats in the back to thrill the lucky winners who dare to enter the competition.
    As well as a ride on monster truck there is a second monster truck, "The Bandit" and an adapted tracked vehicle "Thunder Trax", which both cause massive destruction.
    Other exciting features of the show involve fire, pyrotechnics and the infamous Sumpy the stunt clown. Sumpy, as always will be bouncing into things and causing trouble where-ever he decides to get involved….
    Tickets are only available on the gate on a first come first served basis so get there early to avoid disappointment!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Could you name the other imitation show so people could know what exactly to avoid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

They are putting show brought forward on their adverts so people think its the other one and almost identical posters. see link below for what they are up to.

Its on again today at 3pm and 7.30 Today Sunday 14th - Avoid and wait for the real thing on the 20th
    Its hard enough to drag 2 kids away from the PS3 without disapointing shows with €3 tiny chips and €1.50 cans of coke with do not sell seperatly on the top! Show dragged out with Clowning and I nearly lost an eye when they were doing donuts in an apc in front of the barriers. Which by the way would not even slow an APC down if somthing did go wrong!

The Scot May show sounds a lot better and they will have the space at Limerick Racecourse to do a better job. I enjoyed the fast and the furious show when it was on there a few years ago a lot better than the small one in Fentins yard later.:cool:

There is nothing illegal about the using the same image as the other show because its not exactly a trademark BUT

Its clearly obvious who put the date change over the poster.

Surely the Gardai have been informed as this is intentional damage to private property. If not, they should be.

I doubt Limerick racecourse are going to get involved.

Cashing in on the good name ( And website ) if anyone Googles Daredevil stunt show it's what they would be expecting to get.

While it may be a smart promo idea and a way of making a quick buck as a punter who actually went expecting a big show I was disapointed and feel I did not get value for money and so am invoking the "Power if the Internet" to stop other people from being fooled also

"don't mess with me - I got a keyboard and im not afraid to use it!! "

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jocksandsocks

CCSL wrote: »
    Cashing in on the good name ( And website ) if anyone Googles Daredevil stunt show it's what they would be expecting to get.

While it may be a smart promo idea and a way of making a quick buck as a punter who actually went expecting a big show I was disapointed and feel I did not get value for money and so am invoking the "Power if the Internet" to stop other people from being fooled also

"don't mess with me - I got a keyboard and im not afraid to use it!! "

:D

i also went and for €15 (€5 for a child) it was well worth it.not the greatest production in the world but it was something different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Oh man , where to begin I dont even know how to start this rant. I went there yesterday evening and it was possibly the biggest heap of horse Sh1te I'v possibly seen in my entire life.

I have so many words to describe how it was I dont even think i can make a sensible sentence out of it , after standing there for nearly an hour watching patethic stunts their Fcuking "tank" broke. There was no health safety people there or anything ? What I want to know did the guardi sanction it to be there or what's the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

RVN10 wrote: »
    Oh man , where to begin I dont even know how to start this rant. I went there yesterday evening and it was possibly the biggest heap of horse Sh1te I'v possibly seen in my entire life.

I have so many words to describe how it was I dont even think i can make a sensible sentence out of it , after standing there for nearly an hour watching patethic stunts their Fcuking "tank" broke. There was no health safety people there or anything ? What I want to know did the guardi sanction it to be there or what's the story?
    Am......Told ya so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jocksandsocks

RVN10 wrote: »

what you want health and safety for,they'd only close it down.
    im sure your kids enjoyed it,you did have kids at it didnt you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

No but like what would happened if one the clowns in the show got hurt ? And i mean clowns not in the fun sense btw , and no I didn't have kids at it , jesus the place it was on it was only a bit bigger than my back garden and the women weren't even good looking IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

what you want health and safety for,they'd only close it down.
    im sure your kids enjoyed it,you did have kids at it didnt you?
    Nope he has no kids hahahahahahahaha.

Oh and the Guardi who the heck are they, the Italian Police?

:)

• Advertisement

I saw one of these posters earlier in Cobh and it was not tampered with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Should this not be in the Limerick County forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭banjobongo

must be some cunning stunts in these shows hey? :D

After the dissapointment of the Clonshire show I was one kid down for this evenings outing, but his loss as it was really good. No delays loads of stunts very well put together and fast paced.:D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_q1bcqFEQMbE/Sj1skc0KtRI/AAAAAAAAFzQ/pNLgQUuzBBA/s1600-h/IMGP8672.JPG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_q1bcqFEQMbE/Sj1slNo-NkI/AAAAAAAAFzo/_fWAOGlTrmQ/s1600-h/IMGP8748.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 eventfac

Hi guys im coming in late on this thread as i have been touring with the Scott May's daredevil stunt show the last 10 days.
    First off let me say how glad i am to see that members of the public have been alerted to the fake stunt show and i am deeply sorry for those of you who were duped into paying for "the hot chicks and gear sticks daredevil stunt show ".
    let me fill you in on the back round of the whole saga ,hopefully it will preserve the good name of the Scott May's daredevil stunt show and alert the rest of the public in case this scam continues.

The Scott May's daredevil stunt show has now completed its 2009 Irish tour and has safely arrived back in Cornwall and none of the threats made against the crew were carried out .
    The advance billing crew for Scott's show arrived in Ireland three weeks ago for what seemed like an easy enough run of billing it was then the billing crew were approached by this other show and they were basically told that they had no right to come over to their country and take their money with the show they had planned and that they would all be sent home in boxes if they continued with the planned tour.
    It was then the management team of the Scott May's show decided to enlist the help of an Irish event management crew (will not name us as we are not here for advertising ,but we feel the need to make this announcement to preserve Scott's good name ).
    With the added security presence the Irish leg of Scott's tour began in Wexford and the opening show was a success and passed without incident.
    Unfortunately for the general public the other show began to shadow Scott's show and planned their route to be within a 20 mile radius and copied the original posters and removed Scott's name and placed the "hot chicks with gear sticks” logo in it's place.
    The Scott May's show moved onto the Kilkenny were the saga got worse as original posters were removed or tampered with (cancelled stickers placed on them).

http://circusfriends.forumotion.com/general-f1/underhanded-addvertising-in-limerick-t17.htm

It was then we were informed that the radio stations had been contacted by someone posing as Scott's agent contacted them to inform them the shows were cancelled ,fortunately they had the fore sight to contact show management and it was deemed to be false .
    The rest of the tour progressed regardless to the various different threats that were laid out to several members of the team.
    The tour was completed with a bumper double show in the cork grey hound stadium; both shows had huge attendances and were baked in glorious sunshine.
    The feed back from the general public was very good as they had a great time at all of the Scott May's daredevil stunt show, several families that attended the shows spoke to us afterwards and informed us that they had been tricked into attending the other shows and were mad of course that they had fallen for the fake advertising but were truly happy that they had attended the real show.
    If anyone was duped into attending the imitation show we are truly sorry for any inconvenience caused by the under handed tactics.
    We are unsure if this other show will continue now that Scott's show has finished it's leg,but please be aware that some of Scott's crew were approached by hench men for the "hot chicks and gear sticks " crew (in Tipperary)that they would be changing their name to the " Scott and May's Daredevil stunt show”, please be very wary if you see this advertising as i stress Scott's show is now safely back in England .
    I would appreciate post's here, it if any member of the public comes across any fresh advertising for a stunt show going under this name

Hello Eventfac.

Suscribe to this thread in the tool bar and click immediate notification by e-mail so you can keep up to date if something is alerted here.

For myself I travel all over the 26 Counties of Ireland and have seen many of your posters and two of the other imposter posters.

I will surely update this thread should I see anything similar to what you have mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

CCSL wrote: »
    After the dissapointment of the Clonshire show I was one kid down for this evenings outing, but his loss as it was really good. No delays loads of stunts very well put together and fast paced.:D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_q1bcqFEQMbE/Sj1skc0KtRI/AAAAAAAAFzQ/pNLgQUuzBBA/s1600-h/IMGP8672.JPG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_q1bcqFEQMbE/Sj1slNo-NkI/AAAAAAAAFzo/_fWAOGlTrmQ/s1600-h/IMGP8748.JPG
    What i'd like to know is in the second picture, what is the guy in the far right background, doing against the bush? :D

grenache wrote: »
    What i'd like to know is in the second picture, what is the guy in the far right background, doing against the bush? :D

Lol i think he may be a nature enthusiast :P

Thanks Berty ,any info would be greatly appreciated ,the posters they use will be very similar (as they are photocopied)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭salamander27

Went today to the show in Gort. Wasn't expecting much but got even less! I didn't know about the Poster copying thing and now am a little annoyed that I've handed over E36 to the sh*tes. The show was a joke and nothing like what i've just seen on youtube of Scott May. Most of the stunts done were on par to young lads acting the maggot with a car in a field. The highlight was 4 cars being crushed by a tank and a not very risky motorcycle tightrope "trick".
    Kids were unimpressed by most of it to be honest. Might have been worth a fiver at the most not E12 each!!!
    Don't get me started about the fella on the PA.. Jesus Christ!!:mad:

Sorry you got caught with it :(
    That's the worst thing about this show is that they are conning people using advertising that's been ripped of from the Scott May's show ,its very deceiving and definatly false advertising.
    You could try lodge a complaint here as the vehicles on the posters do not belong to them.

http://www.asai.ie/complain.asp

Not sure if it will do any good at all as this show tends to move quickly from one venue to another and the contact numbers they use change regularly and if you do manage to get through they deny being part of the "show" .

Was there many at the show and do you know were they are travelling to next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭salamander27

Just filled out that form and submitted a flyer. Hope they can do something about it.
    There were a large enough crowd for a town like Gort. 200-250 people. Some of the younger kids were impressed but most of the older kids and adults seemed bored. You know its a bad sign when they constantly asked for a an applause but nobody does!

I wish i knew where they are going next so i could warn them! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭NTC

They are talking about this on "Joe Duffy" now.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,765 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

NTC wrote: »
    They are talking about this on "Joe Duffy" now.
    Haha, that Seamus sounds like a right chancer.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭NTC

Sounds like it.

Keeps trying to blame Scott May for coping his show!

could not find his company on "the youtube"

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

haha it sounds like something out of father ted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Are they travellers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 millmountharp

This guy sounds as if he might make a career in politics , never heard so many lies in such a short time

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Yea,
    I phoned Liveline and sent them this link with the posters :
    http://circusfriends.forumotion.com/general-f1/underhanded-addvertising-in-limerick-t17.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Heard this on Liveline. Hilarious stuff.
    Not sure if I've ever heard as funny an attraction as 'Female tank driving'. It really is straight out of Father Ted!

• Advertisement

Im glad now it has hit the national airwaves ,here is the link to the rip off show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ4QBd8vg6M

Advertisement