Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child's Nightmares and Memories Prove Reincarnation

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Aysha

wow, thats an interesting one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Interesting.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I cant watch the link because allegedly, Im working....

But for anyone with an interest in the subject, this book about the work of Ian Stevenson is a good read.

Oryx wrote: »
    I cant watch the link because allegedly, Im working....

But for anyone with an interest in the subject, this book about the work of Ian Stevenson is a good read.
    Looks good, thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

My son used to say the same to me "i chose you"

and i mentioned on other threads his stories of his past life! :D

He hasnt mentioned it in 4 or 5 yrs though

• Advertisement

Hi Trinity, wow, did he go into detail about a past life?

yeah he was saying weird stuff like we were in a shopping centre and he was 4 and he said to me i built this place, i laughed and said what do you mean and he said before i died i was a builder :eek:

He told me he used to play snooker, think he said he had a tattoo, cant remember too much detail now its been a while!

I probably would have driven him crazy with questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

I had a post in here but i deleted it because i started thinking that you'd by wanting evidence and proof .

I'm sure that's probably the reason people don't talk about this .

espinolman wrote: »
    I had a post in here but i deleted it because i started thinking that you'd by wanting evidence and proof .

I'm sure that's probably the reason people don't talk about this .

I felt the same when i first started posting it can be daunting! But lots of people in here in the same boat thats why they now have the skeptics corner :D

• Advertisement

Aysha wrote: »
    I probably would have driven him crazy with questions.

I didnt want to put ideas in his head kids are so easily led i wanted to make sure anything he said was coming from his own lips and not an idea i had planted in his head!

My mams friend believes she was reincarnated and like that kid she knew names and details and went to Germany to prove she was right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

I don't talk to people about past lives or reincarnation , now i used to but i don't any more because i noticed some people react badly to this belief , i mean i used to tell people i can remember past lives but i don't anymore because there is always certain people who become vicious , they go nuts and attack for no apparent reason .

I would suggest any-one who has children who are aware of having lived before need to be cautious who they tell about this to because i think there are people who are insane on the subject of past-lives and reincarnation , and it could be because certain people do not believe in this and it goes against their belief so because it goes against their beliefs they think they are justified in attacking anyone who believes in this .

Trinity wrote: »
    I didnt want to put ideas in his head kids are so easily led i wanted to make sure anything he said was coming from his own lips and not an idea i had planted in his head!

My mams friend believes she was reincarnated and like that kid she knew names and details and went to Germany to prove she was right.

I'm sorry you experienced this, i havent.

in saying that its not often i speak of it unless i was speaking to like minded people, and in here thats what i see it as, for example i wouldnt post about it in after hours on a serious level, so i guess its all down to finding the appropriate channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Wow!that is an amazing story and very emotional..

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Montallie

I believe that many people do not speak of the things that their children say because of fear of being ridiculed, of being thought mad, or of others believing that they have in some way influenced their children to say these things. I have met seven people myself who have had this experience with their children and, because of this, I believe that it is far more common than might be supposed.

Anyone whose child is at the moment speaking of what might seem to be a past life should go onto this site:

http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/internet/personalitystudies/

On the left-hand side you will see a link to how to handle this in your children, and further down there are links with more information and contact details for the department in the university, where they are always keen to speak to parents, especially before they have attempted any investigation of the past personality to whom the child might be referring.

The leader of the department is Dr Jim Tucker, who took over a few years ago from Dr Ian Stevenson, about whom the book mentioned higher up was written. The work undertaken by the University of Virginia is serious research. Adults' 'memories' or experiences are not really dealt with here, because it is felt that over the years we may have already absorbed so much from books, movies, etc. that the likelihood is less of any of our 'memories' being untainted. But children, especially very young children, will rarely have heard all that much about the world around them or many stories that might influence their 'memories.'

If for any reason you don't want to contact the University of Virginia directly, you are very welcome to email me directly (aloque at gmail.com) to talk about your experiences with your children (present or past).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Trinity wrote: »
    yeah he was saying weird stuff like we were in a shopping centre and he was 4 and he said to me i built this place, i laughed and said what do you mean and he said before i died i was a builder :eek:

He told me he used to play snooker, think he said he had a tattoo, cant remember too much detail now its been a while!
    I wonder did you spend years telling him that he had a past life, and so did you, and so does everybody, etc, and then his imagination took over.

No, that's silly... he obviously was a builder in a past life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

I woudn't want to have to come back and do it all over again, hope it's not true.

Dave! wrote: »
    I wonder did you spend years telling him that he had a past life, and so did you, and so does everybody, etc, and then his imagination took over.

No, that's silly... he obviously was a builder in a past life...

What kind of asshole would discuss such issues with a 4 yr old?

I dont know what my beliefs are so your insinuation that i forced them onto him are far from correct.

And besides, i would have aimed higher than a builder, i would have told him he was Elvis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

Well, I don't think reincarnation is as moronic as it sounds and that children are incapable of grasping its possibility. For instance, I didn't meet my now-current fiance until I was 13 but we had met at a summer sports camp a couple of years before it. I don't remember the meeting because it was so fleeting and brief. But my OH apparently 'knew' then that we had met before in another life and that we'd later be together in this life, and that not even lapsed time or distance apart would get in the way - and it hasn't. I don't ever laugh at the notion. Neither of us do. It just makes perfect sense. But, hey, each to their own...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Montallie

There's nothing moronic about believing in the possibility of reincarnation. There's at least as much sense in it as believing that after death you will go to some paradise and sit on a cloud playing harps with the angels, lol.

The serious research done into children's 'memories' is exacting, with all kinds of ways being examined in which a child might have got the ideas he or she has, including from the parents (intentionally or inadvertently).

It's true, too, that far from the idea of reincarnation being mere wishful thinking in pursuit of immortality, the prospect is not necessarily an inviting one. There is no guarantee that a next life is going to be a pleasant one, that parents will be nice or good people, that one's new body will be a comfortable or even normal-looking one, that the life will be lived in the West rather than in starving areas of Africa or as an untouchable in India - although going on children's 'memories,' people do tend to reincarnate not enormously far distances from where they die.

• Advertisement
Advertisement