Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tabular..

Options
  • 13-06-2009 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭

hey guys , i was just wondering,

in tabular, do you know the way you put bank under liabilities
    but the sub teacher we had last yr told us to put bank under asset..she said its easier..anyway that's the way we did it
    does anyone else do it that way?

do you still get the same answer that way ? like it's so strange -_-
    i kept getting the different answers than the answer they do the other way but i don't where i would go wrong...my thing balances as well :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭.:FuZion:.

Never did it that way. Cant imagine how it would work. :confused: Bank overdraft is not an asset like lol. I would really do it the other way incase the examiner thinks WTF.. But then again, if it works???? I duno. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

.:FuZion:. wrote: »
    Never did it that way. Cant imagine how it would work. :confused: Bank overdraft is not an asset like lol. I would really do it the other way incase the examiner thinks WTF.. But then again, if it works???? I duno. :P

thanks

ya, she told us to put -bank under asset

lol this annoys so much now...o_o...
    it works for most of the months alright but then sometimes it doesn't
    -_-

~Candy~ wrote: »
    thanks

ya, she told us to put -bank under asset

lol this annoys so much now...o_o...
    it works for most of the months alright but then sometimes it doesn't
    -_-

Don't do it that way so lol. If it doesn't work all the time, it doesn't work at all. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

its the exact same thing. you put the bank in the asset section, but if its an overdraft (like it nearly always is) you put it as a minus (still in the asset section), ergo its the same thing.

thats the way i do it, even though my teacher thought us the other way. glad to here that a qualified teacher does it that way as well.

obviously the final answer isn't going to be the same, but it'll still be right. theres no marks going for the figure you have in the bottom right corner of the tab anyway.
    on this note, its recommended that when your doing tab questions you don't do the 31/12/-- columns (except p&l, bank) until the very end unless you have time left over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

.:FuZion:. wrote: »
    Don't do it that way so lol. If it doesn't work all the time, it doesn't work at all. :p

:p thanks ...hmm, i should have went to the carrigaline school , the accounting teacher ye have makes better sense :P *kidding*

Fince wrote: »
    its the exact same thing. you put the bank in the asset section, but if its an overdraft (like it nearly always is) you put it as a minus (still in the asset section), ergo its the same thing.

thats the way i do it, even though my teacher thought us the other way. glad to here that a qualified teacher does it that way as well.

obviously the final answer isn't going to be the same, but it'll still be right. theres no marks going for the figure you have in the bottom right corner of the tab anyway.
    on this note, its recommended that when your doing tab questions you don't do the 31/12/-- columns (except p&l, bank) until the very end unless you have time left over.

i see!!!! :D thanks...lol, otherwise i 'd be spend the rest of the night annoy myself.... grrrr....i was wondering why mine never works out :D:D good good
    i am happy now thanks :P

• Advertisement

~Candy~ wrote: »
    :p thanks ...hmm, i should have went to the carrigaline school , the accounting teacher ye have makes better sense :P *kidding*

Our teacher is actually excellent.. You should have went. :p

Advertisement