Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study Necessities

Options
  • 13-06-2009 7:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

is there anything you NEED beside you while studying. i for one need the computer to check answers and the likes which usually leads to a 20 minute break!

as for my phone i don't really need it as it's upstairs and i don't be bothered bringing it everywhere.

any necessities of your own?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

bread, water, a pencil sharpener and a potty....that way i have no excuse to leave the room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jelomulawin

lol, ya, def. computer is a study necessity! i can't study properly relying on just books + i don't have exam papers on some subjects so i just look em up on the net

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

Generally I would just use my notes and exam papers. Then check my answers using the marking schemes.

Over the last few weeks however I have found that having a bottle of water is beneficial. For whatever reason I have found myself being extremely thirsty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Quiet.

That's pretty much it, just a little peace and I can study anywhere.

Computer + Study does not work me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

diet coke - i cant survive without it ive become totally addicted & a smoke every 3/4 hours

the LC has made me a terrible smoker im giving up on the 20th!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

moreee wather!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭zodac

Honestly... if there's no music on next to me I just can't study.... nothing goes in:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

2 nurofen.
    Seriously, my head hurts after 20 mins of study.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I recently moved a guillotine into my room, it was at this point I realised my bedroom was better stocked then most business headquarters. In short, to study I need lots of things, light (man made) highlighteres, pens, food, laptop and more

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Tea :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

Ipod or laptop for music,, I really can't study without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dante

Music, music and more music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭.:FuZion:.

zodac wrote: »
    Honestly... if there's no music on next to me I just can't study.... nothing goes in:P
    yummy91 wrote: »
    Ipod or laptop for music,, I really can't study without it.
    Music, music and more music.

Same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

.:FuZion:. wrote: »
    Same.

so you have it really loud like or is it just barely audible to keep you ticking over?

celtic723 wrote: »
    so you have it really loud like or is it just barely audible to keep you ticking over?

Well when I was learning things off by heart I used to try keep it at a minimum. Then when I was doing maths, I used to have it at a decent level because for some reason it helped me concentrate.

Now, Physics and Accounting, seem to have it pretty loud the whole time. Even when im reading definitions and stuff. Helps thou, I must admit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Well when I was learning things off by heart I used to try keep it at a minimum. Then when I was doing maths, I used to have it at a decent level because for some reason it helped me concentrate.

Now, Physics and Accounting, seem to have it pretty loud the whole time. Even when im reading definitions and stuff. Helps thou, I must admit.

ye i was going to start doing it myself but i thought maybe it wont be any good. it's too late now to change study routine but i'll try it in college next year.

ye i was going to start doing it myself but i thought maybe it wont be any good. it's too late now to change study routine but i'll try it in college next year.

Yeah its good. Keeps you sane too. Hours of study can send me haywire. :rolleyes::p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dante

If its not on full blast nothing goes into my head.....its weird! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

I can't stand any noise when I'm studying, I have to do it in the middle of the night when everyone's in bed. I also sometimes stick my alarm clock in a drawer, depends on how much trouble I have concentrating.
    Also need energy drinks and all my stuff in one place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭KokaNoodles

Thats creepy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I used to listen to music when studying, but they say it's bad because you get used to that noise, and in an exam situation, it's creepy silence and scribbling/coughing/whatever.
    So sometimes it's bad to study with music on, as your brain functions slightly differently then when you get into the quiet part.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lorr3

TEA,computer,phone and a list i feel :D when i scratch stuff out!!!! means one more thing done! oh and lucosade..that stuff is gold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

biro etc
    and highlighters <3
    notes books revison books..etc
    water,tea, coffee..
    a quite place !!

and my phone..i just have to have to text when studying =(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm really not making much of this study thing. I'm lying in bed right now with my physics book open...lets see if it helps:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

when im studying maths/applied maths i HAVE to have the TV otherwise i cant do it ??? really weird i know, but somehow it really works for me i usually get an A :)

but if im studying anything else i need complete silence

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Ok, here's my list:
    tea
    tea
    tea
    tea
    tea
    tea
    tea
    tea
    tea
    tea
    tea
    tea
    tea
    tea
    tea
    tea
    tea
    tea
    tea
    highlighters
    music for mathsy subjects (maths, accounting, the maths qs in chemistry)
    LOTS of paper
    space to pace when rote learning stuff
    Plenty of light
    tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

depends on the music I think for some strange reason James Blunt helps me study:D

Kinda scary actualy:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Fad wrote: »
    Computer + Study does not work me!
    Same, I have no self control so cant stop jumping back on boards to check threads like this.
    mink_man wrote: »
    moreee wather!
    Father Jack has also reminded me that it's very warm outside so there'll be no need for your tracksuit tops
    Paddy001 wrote: »
    Tea :D
    Hell to the yes. Cuppa cha, 45 mins study, check answers, cuppa cha. Repeat.

I defo need exam papers all the time. The only way I can really take something in is by writing it down so by practicing previous exam questions it all goes in much easier!:D Oh and many coloured pens, but not those big fat yokes with 4 colours in them, they piss me off with the constant clicking!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

A to do list, so satisfying to cross stuff out :D; Diet Coke; painkillers (get really bad headaches if I study when I'm tired); all of my books, exam papers, notes etc. (hate having to get up and look for things when I'm in the middle of studying) and most importantly, music!

• Advertisement

Secoundrow wrote: »
    depends on the music I think for some strange reason James Blunt helps me study:D

Kinda scary actualy:rolleyes:

Fair enuff! :D You don't even wanna know what I listen to lol. :pac: But actually, coldplay are good for studying. :p

Advertisement