Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What if you fail a science subject...

• 13-06-2009 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

The physics exam is 2 days from now, and there's a 60% chance i'll totally fail it ..i would just like to know if i'll still be able to get into my course choice since most of 'em are engineering and sciences... is a science subject really a minimum requirement? coz from what i read about the details of my course choices (most are CIT), only 2 c3's and 4 d3's are required...nothing mentioned about science subjects...just plz assure me about this T_T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

The physics exam is 2 days from now, and there's a 60% chance i'll totally fail it ..i would just like to know if i'll still be able to get into my course choice since most of 'em are engineering and sciences... is a science subject really a minimum requirement? coz from what i read about the details of my course choices (most are CIT), only 2 c3's and 4 d3's are required...nothing mentioned about science subjects...just plz assure me about this T_T
    You should be fine so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭.:FuZion:.

If your worried, drop to pass. Your given the formulae, couldnt be any more simple. Im just presuming that your not counting it for points if you are possibly failing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

If it's not mentioned in the course requirements, then it won't matter if you fail it ... but, as a matter of interest, if Physics isn't one of your strong subjects why do you want to go into Science/Engineering? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jelomulawin

aoibhebree wrote: »
    If it's not mentioned in the course requirements, then it won't matter if you fail it ... but, as a matter of interest, if Physics isn't one of your strong subjects why do you want to go into Science/Engineering? :confused:

wow, that's a relief coming from you :)
    i just took physics coz i already wanted to do science/engineering, and our school insisted that we should study at least one science and one language subj..but our physics teacher is unmotivated to teach...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

give us the exact courses and we'll confirm on www.qualifax.ie

• Advertisement

pathway33 wrote: »
    give us the exact courses and we'll confirm on www.qualifax.ie

ok, here they are:
    1. CR109 Structural Engineering
    2. CR360 Instrument Engineering
    3. CR510 Sustainable Energy
    4. CR111 Computerised Instrument Systems
    5. CR590 Electronic Systems Engineering
    6. CR116 Software Development and Computer Networking
    7. CR106 Software Development
    8. TL360 Computing with Multimedia
    9. TL371 Computing with Interactive Web Development

mostly CIT, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

There is still a 40% chance you'll pass right? :P

1. 6 Subjects. 2 Higher level C3's, one of which must be HC3 in maths OR HC3 in applied maths AND HD2 in maths.

2. 2HC3's and 4OD3's.

3. As above.

4. As above.

5. As above.

6. HD3 or OB3 in maths.

7. As no. 6.

8. Maths: OC3/HD3.

9. As no. 8.

I'd go through them all again, thoroughly, on qualifax.ie.

Edit: It doesn't say that you need physics (or any science for that matter) for any of your courses - as far as I saw, anyway. But, don't take my word for it, check yourself to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭KokaNoodles

The physics exam is 2 days from now, and there's a 60% chance i'll totally fail it
    You still have a 40% chance you'l pass, and thats all you need :rolleyes:

Edit: Damn Tooty got there before me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I also find it weird that you're failing Physics but still doing Engineering... Oh well, maybe you'll do better in college.

• Advertisement

CR109 No science subject needed. 6 subjects passed. 2 HC3s. Need a HC3 in Maths or else HC3 in applied maths + HD2 in Maths or else HC3 in CIT engineering entrance exam. Make sure you pass english or irish

CR360 No science subject needed. 6 subjects passed. 2 HC3s. Maths OD3. English or Irish OD3. No information on www.qualifax.ie . Information got from www.cit.ie

CR510 No science subject needed. 6 subjects passed. 2 HC3s. Maths OD3. English or Irish OD3

CR111 No science subject needed. 6 subjects passed. 2 HC3s. Maths OD3. English or Irish OD3

CR590 No science subject needed. 6 subjects passed. 2 HC3s. Maths OD3. English or Irish OD3

CR116 No science subject needed. 6 subjects passed. 2 HC3s. Maths HD3 or OB3. English or Irish OD3

CR106 No science subject needed. 6 subjects passed. 2 HC3s. Maths HD3 or OB3. English or Irish OD3

TL360 No science subject needed. 6 subjects passed. 2 HC3s. Maths HD3 or OC3. English or Irish OD3

TL371 No science subject needed. 6 subjects passed. 2 HC3s. Maths HD3 or OC3. English or Irish OD3

yeah so you can fail physics but if you did 7 subjects you have to pass the rest, so i'd have a good look at the pass past papers from www.examinations.ie and the marking scheme. Or else if you think you need the HD3 in physics for 45 points then you could chance it.

OB3 in HL maths.

now that would be an achievement :p

now that would be an achievement :p

It's achievable, it's achievable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

nothing happens!

i think i'll be fine with my 6 subjects, so ok, i am so assured then, thanks to ur replies, i don't have to worry much about my physics exam, xDxD
    Fringe wrote: »
    I also find it weird that you're failing Physics but still doing Engineering... Oh well, maybe you'll do better in college.

lol, yeah, that's exactly what i had in mind^^

*that 40% chance, btw is a random no.,just meant i'm more likely to fail :)*

i don't have to worry much about my physics exam

mmmmm i would go hell for leather trying to pass ordinary level anyway. What if for example you got an E in english because (and i know this is like a million to one shot) just say there was a fekup with your paper 2 and they forgot to add on your marks for it. Then by the time you got a recheck to get your 6th pass your college place would be gone.

This is a golden opportunity to get an OD3 in physics. Go for it :D

mmmmm i would go hell for leather trying to pass ordinary level anyway. What if for example you got an E in english because (and i know this is like a million to one shot) just say there was a fekup with your paper 2 and they forgot to add on your marks for it. Then by the time you got a recheck to get your 6th pass your college place would be gone.

This is a golden opportunity to get an OD3 in physics. Go for it :D

i think i'm secured with my other subjects, but if there was some fekup u say, then i'd totally screw it up...even if i try to do it seriously, i think i'll just fail it..i'm doing higher and i didn't think about changing it to ordinary coz of the points...anyway, i'll just do it the best i can...

Advertisement