Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Jailbroken 2.2.1 to unjailbroken3.0 on wednesday?

Options
  • 13-06-2009 3:20pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What do people think they should do?

I'm currently using JB2.2.1....
    But im liking some of the features of 3.0.....should i upgrade or just stick with the jailbreak?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Word has it that jailbreak techniques for 3.0 are already done, but they're just holding off on releasing them until after 3.0 is officially released so that Apple can't patch them out beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭padolicious

Yeah I'd say the new jb is ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I'm just gonna backup the JB Apps with Aptbackup, then update to 3.0 and then JB the phone again (hopefully the Dev team will release the 3.0 JB on the same day).

The way I understand it is that Aptbackup does a list of all the JB Apps and when you backup the phone on iTunes it stores the list on the phone.

Then you JB it D/L Aptbackup again and it opens Cydia and D/l all the Apps on the list.

What happens to Apps that are not compatible with 3.0?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

To be honest, I don't really have any apps on my 3g, I just jailbroke it to personalize it a bit through themes and easier to use ringtones and the likes!

So I suppose I can upgrade to 3.0 and then wait a little to jb the new OS, once all the bugs are worked out I guess!

Advertisement