Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod Not Working

Options
  • 13-06-2009 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

When I tried to play music this morning it will allow me to select an album or playlist, but when I go in and try and play the album it just scans thru each track & comes back out again.
    I've tried resetting it but that does no good, and I've also connected it to my computer and while all the music appears in itunes it won't play thru that either.
    Anyone else have this problem before & does anyone know how to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Did your iPod suffer impact at any stage recently, did it fall? Can you hear the hard-drive whirring and clicking inside it when this is going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

When that happens, your iPod is trying to play the music but it's not supported or the file is missing. Have you moved the music folder on your computer recently? If you haven't turned on the setting to get iTunes to manage your music folder and you move it, iTunes can't find your music and it just goes through your list giving errors. Do you have your music on an external drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭brian076

mobius42 wrote: »
    When that happens, your iPod is trying to play the music but it's not supported or the file is missing. Have you moved the music folder on your computer recently? If you haven't turned on the setting to get iTunes to manage your music folder and you move it, iTunes can't find your music and it just goes through your list giving errors. Do you have your music on an external drive?

I think I know what might have happened. Last week I copied music from my ipod to my pc as i didn't have a backup, and I haven't used my ipod since, so obviously I did something wrong at the time.
    I've just clicked on the ipod in "my computer" and under music it says I've only 3 albums, yet when I connect the ipod to my pc, itunes says that there's over 20gb of music on my ipod.
    Is there any way to rectify this?

Advertisement