Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

igotpinkacidbootson

Options
  • 13-06-2009 3:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody ever play Alien Trilogy on the Snes? I distinctly remember the cheat for it because it was so unusual - igotpinkacidbootson.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That was a very cool cheat alright, and was it not Alien 3? I think it was mate...
    The Snes version was much better than the Megadrive one.
    I think they simply changed the sprites and backgrounds for the Judge Dredd movie tie in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Nope, twas definately alien trilogy. :D

Cool though for sure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ahh, I see.

The cheat is indeed "1G0TP1NK8C1DB00TS0N", no worries.

The cheat above was indeed for Alien Trilogy, no worries there either.

But the game was on the PSone, not the Snes.

The Snes game was, as I said, Alien 3.

Hence the misunderstanding....

We retrogamers, we are sticklers for detail, wouldn't want a bunch of Snes completists thinking they missed a title, get their drawers in a tangle!

Oh was it the PS1? Could have been, so long ago now I can't remember. I had both consoles, so sometimes it's a mish-mash between them :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I remember Alien Trilogy on the PS1. I think I got it when it went platinum... Still AvP on the pc came along and that was the end of that! There's been some pretty funny cheat codes down through the years. I always remember the codes for 'Alien Breed' on the Amiga (Yeah sticking with an Aliens theme)
    Effect Code
    Level 3 I CANT BE ARSED TO PLAY THE FIRST LEVELS
    Level 4 AND THE GOOD LORD SAID LET THERE BE FLAPSHOTS
    Level 5 I WONDER IF DOLLY PARTONS FANNY IS AS BIG AS HER TITS
    Level 6 MANCHESTER UNITED CANT FLY AIRPLANES
    Ending sequence SHINE ON YOU CRAZY DIAMOND
    Unlimited keys OH GIMME SOME KEYS IVE GOT A HARD ON
    Invincibility I AM IMMORTAL OR SUMMAT LIKE THAT
    Weaker aliens IS IT TRUE THAT THE ALIENS SUPPORT MAN UTD
    Reversed joystick control PISSED AS A FART
    Weaker weapons THE IRAQIS MADE THE WEAPONS
    Makes player invisible SALMAN RUSHDIE PLAYS ALIEN BREED
    Aliens run away BEWARE ALIENS SPADGE HAS DROPPED ONE
    Expert aliens PITBULLS ON THE LOOSE
    Unlimited health ALIENS ARE ******S
    Slower aliens PUFFNUTS MODE
    Faster aliens BEN JOHNSON TRAINED THESE ALIENS
    Purple screen STEVIE WONDER
    Reset the computer GURU TIME
    Degraded graphics ST EMULATOR
    Intex computer disabled PC EMULATOR
    Elvis mode ELVIS MODE
    Zero score US GOLD
    50,000 credits for player two LET ME SPONGE SOME CASH YER TWAT
    Unlimited keys for player two PASS THE BUCKOS NOBFACE
    7 lives for player one1 I EAT PITBULLS FOR F*CKING BREAKFAST MATE
    7 lives for player two JUST CALL ME DEEP THROAT
    Unlimited energy for player two BLIMEY GUVNOR LOOK AT THE SIZE OF HIS JOHN THOMAS
    Unknown1 GIVE ME POWER YOU POXY F*CKWIT

Other cheats/secrets I loved to do were picking eyedol in Killer Instinct or enabling Power up mode in Bubble Bobble. Anyone else remember some classic cheats?

• Advertisement

19 65 9 17 - Sonic 2.

DULLARD - Mortal Kombat
    ABACABB - Mortal Kombat

UDLR ABC + START - Sonic 1.

I remember loads of cheats from games I haven't played in a decade. Spooky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

yup the cheat was for alien trilogy which was for the playstation and sega saturn,great game...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

i recall "hulkhoganwearsyellowknickers" ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Fred83 wrote: »
    yup the cheat was for alien trilogy which was for the playstation and sega saturn,great game...

Eh, no. It's an awful game that only got attention for having the alien license and being a very early release. It also has the notoriety for being the only saturn game programmed to use just one of the CPUs which is why it looks awful for both a saturn and PS1 game. I got it unboxed for the PS1 when it was 4 years old for 2 euro and it was god awful.

Alien Resurrection on the PS1 on the other hand was fantastic. It had mouse support as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

for some bizarre reason i always remember the cheat for chase HQ was 'inagardenin'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

God I remember some RPG on the c64 (Yea the old 'typing RPG's), and the bro lost his rag with it and typed in f**k you. the reply was something along the lines of 'Right back at ya, with bells on...' and the screen began to shake as if it was about to explode, before resetting back to the crappy blue DOS screen. Pretty freaky when you're like nine and you think the computer is talking to you...:eek:

Alien Ressurection, that game always scared the feck out of me, brilliantly done, all it needed was a pinch more resolution, the PS1, when pushed, often had visuals turning to mush.
    Alien Trilogy was never a favourite of mine, too many better FPS titles out there.
    Besides, once you had a PC, back then, you were spoiled for choice.
    AvP and AvP2 on the PC were awesome, then why oh why did they release that painful piece of sh1te on the PS2 Aliens Versus Predator: Extinction? All I wanted was a repeat of the great PC titles and they make some RTS muck, arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

atariman wrote: »
    God I remember some RPG on the c64 (Yea the old 'typing RPG's), and the bro lost his rag with it and typed in f**k you. the reply was something along the lines of 'Right back at ya, with bells on...' and the screen began to shake as if it was about to explode, before resetting back to the crappy blue DOS screen. Pretty freaky when you're like nine and you think the computer is talking to you...:eek:
    Tau Ceti.

One of my fave spectrum games is Academy, the sequel to Tau Ceti, great visuals, nice watching the shading on the outside world objects change as the sun changes position.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_(computer_game)

Advertisement