Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bird cage

Options
  • 12-06-2009 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi...anybody no were i can get a bird cage that is black and the stand is black aswell..:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Bit of advice, don't base what bird cage you buy on colour/appearance. Look at what'll be the best home for your birds first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

The size and shape of the cage is so much more important but it should be easy enough to get a black or dark coloured cage and stand.
    What type of bird is it for though because it's hard to recommend a cage without knowing the size of the bird.

Our cockatiels cage stand is black and his cage is black as well best thing we every got him. He loves it. Plus it was much cheaper than the shops we got it at zooplus.co.uk free delivery!
    You have to put it together yourself but it's fairly sturdy once you do and have had no trouble with it since.

It's suitable for budgies and tiels or birds of similar size you have to be careful with bar spacing with large cages so it can be difficult to buy a large cage for small birds. I removed the extra tray at the bottom, no need for it so it makes it deeper there's two removeable trays then for cleaning.

The bars themselves are zinc free and so easy to clean even dried on poop with a bit of water it just comes off so easily. You can open up the top when the bird is out and one of the sides acts as a platform. You can pop a perch then on the top but I don't bother he prefers to have the top closed and the platform open. The fact we can wheel him around is very handy esp. when in the kitchen if we're cooking I just pop him into the utility room and other than that he can now see out the kitchen window and watch the other birds or if we're in another room we can wheel him into it.

He gets free flight time daily (3 to 5 hours approx). outside his cage so it's great to be able to move him safely from room to room so he has company.

Only wish the house was bigger so we could get a larger cage but he was a bit in awe at first and took about a week to get used to the new one.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/birds/bird_cages_and_accessories/large_parakeet_cages/40967

There are other cages on wheels/stands as well on that site so it's worth checking out. It's the cheapest site I've found so far for bird cages.

Happy shopping!

Edited to add..the bottom of the cage in the photo looks like there's no storage but you can put any birdy items underneath there's shelf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dave1212

hi...its for 2 cockatiels...thanks

Advertisement