Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ardoo pub?

Options
  • 12-06-2009 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

:confused:Im thinking of goin to the Ardoo as part of a hen night, it was recommended to me, but im not from Limerick, whats it like on a Saturday night anyone??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Lol @ Ardoo.

It's the Ardhu...but what's the difference.

Well, to be honest, I don't think it'd be the best for a hen.

It's not a city centre pub.
    It's more of a suburban local residents bar.
    Well, it's only recently open but I can't imagine it being anything but.

If you want the laugh and the craic I would suggest somewhere in the city centre like Clohessys, Dolans or Trooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

As long as it is part of a hen night and not THE hen night then you are on a safe bet for the reasons ^^^^

Flannerys on Denmark St is certainly hen city most weekends. The two main nightclubs are across from this pub.

Smyths bar(pre pub to nightclub) is also good. Its a super pub. Smyths is the nightclub then, go figure.

Angel lane is Limericks newest nightclub and definately the choice for the final leg of the hen.

Trinity Rooms has "streed cred" because it rents Z list celebrities and international DJ's is simply full of kiddies so do not bother. It will ruin the hen.

The Old Quarter down the road from Flannerys and clubs(Denmark St) is popular as well because they do coctails and you know how women, especially hens, go for those.

You must be staying in the Clarion Suites. If not, have you a hotel picked out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm not sure if anyone else has been in the new Ardhu bar yet, but its top class. No scummy element from what I saw and the courtyard is just magic. As Poxyshamrock said, its a bit out of the city so might not be the best place for a hen, but might be a grand spot for 1 or 2 starter drinks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

DarkJager wrote: »
    I'm not sure if anyone else has been in the new Ardhu bar yet, but its top class. No scummy element from what I saw and the courtyard is just magic. As Poxyshamrock said, its a bit out of the city so might not be the best place for a hen, but might be a grand spot for 1 or 2 starter drinks :)

Its now my local, great bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Some of the scummy element chanced their arm to see how far they could push in the first few nights and were thrown out....permanently. Quiet spot with a good mixed crowd, a bar, lounge and courtyard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

ninty9er wrote: »
    Some of the scummy element chanced their arm to see how far they could push in the first few nights and were thrown out....permanently.
    Good to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

'tis a great pub, a nice mixed crowd aswell. our soccer team had our awards night in there last week. the courtyard is a nice big size

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Where is this pub? I have heard a lot of good reports about it, but not exactly sure where it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

cAr0l wrote: »
    Where is this pub? I have heard a lot of good reports about it, but not exactly sure where it is?

Its in the Clarion Suites on the Ennis road, just up past centra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

cAr0l wrote: »

right next to the woodfield pub on the ennis road

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Thanks guys - do you think it would be a good venue for a 30th birthday party? my friend is trying to organise a surprise one and we just can't decide where to have it (Scott's and The Locke are out). She would prefer to have it on in or near the city that if the mood took us we could go to a nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Txatxu Urki

sounds like a good idea for a 30th party. Its very big and very spread out so you should get plenty of room.
    The smokers are looked after well with a big semi open courtyard, and plenty of tvs etc.
    I definitely give this place a big thumbs up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Only been home since monday and i've already been there 3 times :D

Must say its a pretty good pub, its absolutely spotless and there was a really good atmosphere there last night. Very good crowd.

Definetly my new local, honestly cannot stand the graveyard that is the pub in the greenhills anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mdo

Was there on Saturday night.... had a great time...

IMG_3089.jpg

Advertisement