Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-professional dog shows in the south east?

Options
  • 12-06-2009 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Does anyone know of any non-professional dog shows in the south east area? By non-professional I mean ones that don't require the pet to have papers, or that they don't have to be pedigree. I've heard of them, but I don't know where there would be one.

Anyone any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

There's a number of rescues around the country that hold fundraising dog shows at this time of year, if you check out various websites or contact them directly and keep an eye out for advertising there could be one in your area. In them any kind of dog can enter, it's great fun but you'd be suprised how competitive you start to feel after a while lol.

My gorgeous Arwen has one at every single show she's entered *boast boast* Even got a first prize at an ASH one in Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 stik

Clonmel Show in Co. Tipperary usually has a pet show in its programme. It's held in early July, here is a link to last year's one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭looserock

The large agricultural shows have huge dog shows which have nice categories thrown in e.g. best dog shown by a child, dog you'd most love to bring home etc, as-well as the usual.

The ones off the top of my head are, the bannow rathangon show in early july, the enniscorthy show also around july, and the biggest one the tinahealy show august weekend.

Advertisement