Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband suppliers

Options
  • 12-06-2009 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what my broadband options are , 4-5 miles from Tralee on the Dingle Road. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Well,im on the o2 modem thingy,and it works ok for me,but as for proper broadband im not sure whats out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=95197

I found this quite useful when moving to Kerry 2 years ago. Finished up with Eircom, but don't know how good they are in the Tralee area.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

About 5 miles from Tralee on the opposite side (between Tralee and Castleisland) and I've been with imagine since 2006.
    Haven't really had a complaint, 2MB awesomeness. Good extra data plan too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

http://broadband.gov.ie/ lets you pinpoint where your house is on a map and then it tells you what suppliers are available

tralee area and north kerry are particularilly well serviced, too many mountains inn the way down here in killarney :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks a million everyone. Will check out broadband.ie and keep you posted.
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭moonbug33

Permanet is good if you are near/insight of the mast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Can anyone recommend a provider fro Tralee that does good value broadband that could handle Skype video chat?

I've lived in Sean Mhuileann for the last 3 years and they have extremely fast broadband. Only thing is the rent is over 70€ a week now. Seems a little steep for Tralee.
    Thinking of finding somewhere and getting my own broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Kerry broadband or permanet is you're out of ASDL range,Beats mobile broadband by miles!

Advertisement