Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits for work

Options
  • 12-06-2009 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Looking to buy a few suits for work, anybody know of any special deals going?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Don't look for deals when you are buying a suit unless you want something that wont fit you properly. Finding the right suit takes a while and you should shop around and tailor where necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

Ass wrote: »
    Don't look for deals when you are buying a suit unless you want something that wont fit you properly. Finding the right suit takes a while and you should shop around and tailor where necessary.

:rolleyes: "Don't look for deals when you are buying a suit unless you want something that wont fit you properly."

That does'nt make sense!!!

Anybody else out there know of any suit deals?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 lanternman

What kind of suit are you looking for?

there are a few shops just off grafton street that are struggling and giving away stock. However, I have personally never bought any of them so no idea how well they hold up or whether they are you taste.

Is it nearly sale season, Arnotts or Diffney can be good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 lanternman

Ass wrote: »

This only applies if you are an odd shape!!! Otherwise suits only need a small bit of tailoring ie cuff of legs taken up!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Lots of places having sales. What price range are you talking about per suit. You can get a suit, shirt and tie in Tescos for under €100 or you can spend €1500+ for something of a better quality.
    During sales you have two options, quantity or quality. You can buy two of your usual suits or you can buy a better suit that has just been lowered into your price range.
    So OP, what are you looking for? With a few pointers I'm sure we will come up with a selection of ideas for you, otherwise you'll just end up with a list of every mans outlet ranging from TKMaxx to Louis Copeland.
    This only applies if you are an odd shape!!! Otherwise suits only need a small bit of tailoring ie cuff of legs taken up!
    Lucky you. I don't come anywhere near the 'standard' fitting off the rack. I need major alterations to jackets, vests and trousers or I go bespoke. Otherwise the suits just form shapless shrouds draped around my shoulders. :-)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

John Tailors on Baggot St are doing a deal at the moment, I think a business suit is 250 or 275. It only counts for specific suits though, so be sure to ask. I still ended up paying far more than I had hoped.

I think they had a sale opening last week two, but don't know what prices are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dingbat

Fajitas! wrote: »
    John Tailors on Baggot St are doing a deal at the moment, I think a business suit is 250 or 275. It only counts for specific suits though, so be sure to ask. I still ended up paying far more than I had hoped.

I think they had a sale opening last week two, but don't know what prices are like.
    I passed it today - they've got a sale on. One point - they'll hem trouser legs for free but charge for all other alterations, so if you need the sleeves shortened a touch or if there's a bit of a roll on the collar, you'll soon be waving goodbye to the guts of €50.

Advertisement