Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs on the St. Margaret Road

Options
  • 12-06-2009 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

This has really been baffling me.

When you get on this road at the Swords end, there are new signs at the junction of the road that leads down to the Boot Inn to indicate that you should take the 'Boot Inn' road for Dublin. Then at the other end, at the roundabout near St. Margarets, there is a sign for Swords which directs you on to the same road.

There must be some logical reason for this. :confused: Why are motorists been directed down what is not much more than a boreen instead of down the more direct and shorter route on a far better quality road.:confused:

BTW the signs are not those signs mounted on a pole that anyone can turn around. These are the flat signs which are mounted about 3 feet off the ground on two poles.

Anyone any ideas? Were the signs put there by the owners of the Boot Inn, perhaps?;)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are these new signs? Not much of the traffic uses that road, especially towards swords because when you get to the end its a T junction making it slower. Going the other it can be quicker, a lot use it to avoid trucks that enter the fruit plant on the main route.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

Because the person who decides where the signs go sits in a room and looks at a map. He sits next to a guy who decides the speed limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I saw those and was led astray once, It seems mad alright.

The boot inn is where Jets is/was btw.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I saw those and was led astray once, It seems mad alright.

Still gets you to the same place :p

Its about half a Km longer than the other road

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

The boot inn is where Jets is/was btw.

You also had a misspent youth:D. I don't think Jets is still there - could be wrong.

Lovely pub, though.

Davy - you could have something there - it may have something to do with directing traffic away from Keelings, though I would imagine most drivers using that route would know where they were going and would use the good road anyway. Not sure how new the signs are - they look quite new and I have only noticed them recently.

• Advertisement

The Boot inn road from the st.margarets side as far as the sharp 90 bend is fine, its from there to the T junction needs resurfacing, and then replace the T junction, with bringing it straight on the roundabout.

Advertisement