Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petition to ensure Bertie Ahern never becomes President of the Republic of Ireland

Options
  • 12-06-2009 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭

In the light of the ongoing revelations of the lack of care shown to Irish citizens by the previous FF government under Bertie Ahern, allowing a massive transfer of wealth from one generation to another via house prices and allowing a massive miscarriage of justice and unconstitutional non-reporting of criminal actions against children, in the case of the Ryan Report into institutional child abuse, I propose that it is only fair, just and proper that the sins of omission of Bertie Ahern as Taoiseach be punished by ensuring that he first and foremost does not get any chance to become President of Ireland, among other roles he chooses to pursue.

I propose we register our anger here in a threaded petition. Rather than merely just signing books of condolence with the victims. Of course we feel for them. of course! As collective victims though, let's strike back at these committers of sins of omission. Brian Cowen, Michael Woods, the Cardinals etc etc.

When they raise their heads for noble purposes, let's witch-hunt them until they have paid their dues to the rest of society.

I for one, register my disgust with the so-called leaders of our society and declare that bertie Ahern is not fit to be President of this country, unlike Mary Robinson who proved herself to be a citizen worth emulating.

Any support?

Comments

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Good one.

Good luck with it, politics in Ireland needs a shot of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I think it would be far more damaging for him, if he was to run and get a really tiny amount of votes. Let the electorate show there disgust for him, by voting for someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

he is 2:1 on paddy power

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This isn't a petition board. It's a discussion board. That's clearly mentioned in the Politics board charter, as well as not being much of a surprise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement