Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purina Pro Plan

Options
  • 12-06-2009 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm new here and have had a quick scout around so I don't think this thread has been posted anywhere before (if it has, my apologies). I pick up my new puppy in three weeks time and she is being fed Purina Pro Plan Salmon and Rice puppy food. In the interest of her health, I'm going to continue to feed her the same thing. The problem is, I can't seem to get my hands on it! I've ordered two bags into a pet store in Limerick but they told me that it can sometimes take up to four weeks for the food to arrive. I've looked in several stores with no luck and am now in danger of bringing home my puppy without having any food! Can anyone in the Clare/Limerick/Galway areas tell me if they know of anywhere that stocks it (bearing in mind that I've already been to both Petmania's in Limerick)? Any help would be most appreciated. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

You could try ordering it online. There's a website called zooplus.ie which has Purina Pro Plan available but I've seen a few people mention here that ordering it from zooplus.co.uk works out a bit cheaper. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

have you looked online?

i'm almost positive zooplus have purina pro plan as do a few other online stores.

online shopping is the way foward, just had 102 cans and a huge bag of dry delivered this morning, no delivery charge and i din't have to set foot outside the door :D

if you don't have a credit card you can get a 3V card, you just register online and they send it out to you and you buy vouchers with it in a shop and use them online like credit cards, dead handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LauraLoo

We started ordering off zooplus a few months ago for our dog & two cats. If you spend over a certain amount (i think 40Euro) its free delivery in ireland. Alot of the stuff is cheaper than most stores and even the vets. We buy our cocker Royal Canine mature cocker spaniel- i canno believe the absolute remarkable difference in th health of our dog since we started using it- her energy levels and even her cateracts have shrunk in size. Sometime i look at her and see her old puppy face so i would say its taken years off her! If your pup is a thoroughbred id recommend that you consider the royal canine thats specific to its breed.

I use the purina for the cats and they love it. We used to buy th gocat and when i tried them on the purina they loved it. When i ran out, i ran out to buy but as it was late all the pet stores and vets were closed- i went to dunnes and bought some gocat. the cats wouldnt eat it. it took me two days to pick up some more purina and they actually refused to eat anything for two days until i got the purina again.

My cats coats are much healthier looking and they seem happier too when it comes to dinner time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I used zooplus a few times for food delivery.

Delivery guy dropped the food off at a neighbour's house about 5 doors down "because there was a big dog in the back garden" Hmmm you're delivering large breed puppy food, what did you expect?

He didn't bother walking around to the front door, never rang me, our neighbour (who I wouldn't know from adam) had to call up to us to tell us the food was there.

I wouldn't recommend them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

I use Zooplus all the time and have never had a problem with delivery. Probably depends on your local courier, mine is nice and always talks nicely to my dog (who tends to get a little bit excited when he gets parcels full of lovely smelly food!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭fionav3

Thanks so much for all your advice everyone. :) I've ordered it from zooplus and it shoudl be here in a few days. Thank you!

Advertisement