Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long-Term car parking, Dublin City centre?

Options
  • 12-06-2009 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'll have to regularly be in Dublin city for about a month or so, and since I'm living just outside Dublin (about 15/20 miles away from the nearest railway station) I figure that the easiest & most practical way for me to commute is probably driving directly in.

Where I am, there is no connecting bus-route to the nearest railway station, meaning I'd have a daily 20 mile drive in the wrong direction on bad roads every morning just to arrive at the "local" station's non-secure car park , then paying for a monthly train & Luas ticket, then hoping everything ran on time to accommodate an 8 a.m. start in town.

I was just wondering if anyone was aware of any long-term parking programmes or deals available within any of the city centre multi story parks or ground level parking bays.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭crocro

qpark do a monday-friday ticket. You have to ring the individual car parks and they all charge different amounts. Otherwise, you can privately lease a space for 100-300 a month depending on the area of the city and level of security.

here's a list of parking spaces for rent
    http://www.daft.ie/searchparking.daft

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Hawkins House on Poolbeg St has attractive enough daily rates as far as I am aware.

Also, there used to be a decent rate at Connolly Station, as long as you were a train passenger (;))-or just pay at the vending machine with your credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Heuston is about EUR7 a day or so, there's the luas park and rides, and hawkins house on Poolbeg st off tara st was advertising about a tenner a day parking.
    I dunno about the Phoenix park when you can park there(for free), I think there's a 9:30 start but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Not sure what direction you are coming from but the Red Cow Park and Ride Luas stop is €4 for up to 24hours.

Advertisement