Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROI Question

Options
  • 12-06-2009 9:30am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

Quick question that I'm hoping someone could explain to me. Below is my ROI chart from a stat tracker.

Now I'm currently sitting at a total loss after a particularly harsh downswing so how the hell is my ROI just continually climbing in the chart (which is fully up to date btw)

Could someone explain the theory behind ROI a bit better cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭BigToad

can';t see the graph but the sharkscope ROI is calculated per game and then averaged, you might get an roi of 1000% or something in a low buy in game u win and then loose a bigger buy in game, then you'd have a negative win over all but positive roi when averaged out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

cheers for that toad. i've fixed the graph now so is 22% a good ROI ????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Looks like the higher the entry fee, the better your ROI. Over how many games is that graph.

Translation:- Move up levels

that graph is over 290 sit n go games so a relatively small sample. have tried moving up the levels a couple of times and got crushed something fierce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

You realize the graph isn't vs time it's vs buy-in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭72over

You would have to post more Sharkscope stats to get a better understanding of your game. That graph above only shows your ROI at each particular entry level and the ROI does not matter without a decent sample size. SnG's/MTT's are high varience games(apart from DoN's etc.) and it takes a good few thousand games before determining your true ROI.

It also depends on the games you are playing. It is possible to filter your results and you will discover which games you are excelling in and which games you are leaking $$$ in.

I used to play purely SnG's and hold a subscription to Sharkscope. When I started I played all variations of poker and from HU up to 90 seaters. Although I was in profit, after filtering my results on Sharkscope I discovered that I was leaking money in certain games and that my best game was NL 6-man earning a +28% ROI. I think that that is what Sharkscope is best used for but wouldn't get too hung up on your ROI and just focus on turning a positive profit and your profit/hour if you are pro.

Sorry, a bit long-winded but hopefully some help:)

yeah I do realise that :D but still figured it was a small enough sample of sit n go's

Advertisement