Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-glare to sunglasses

Options
  • 12-06-2009 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, bought two pairs of glasses a few months ago, since there was an offer on. I got anti-glare stuff on both pairs, because I work on computers a lot. Now I was hoping of getting one of the pair changed to sunglasses, as my other sunglasses are nearly broke and they're an old prescription anyway.

Can the glasses with anti-glare coating on them be changed to sunglasses? Also, if they can, roughly how much would they cost (Specsavers) and how long would it take?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

ya cant tint lenses with anti glare coating on them.
    ya have to replace the lenses 45e and then get them tinted 19e, and extra 19e if ya want 100% UV protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Alternatively ask a lab if they have AR Coating remover. Then they can take off the coating and re-tint the lenses. There is a chance it might not be successful but I rarely have a prob doing it. It would save you the E45 anyway for the reglaze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

is it possible to add the UV stuff to any glasses?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

is it possible to add the UV stuff to any glasses?

Yes it is possible to put it on, most stores must have a UV set up in their tinting bath and could apply it then. Something like Polycarbonate or Glass would have to have the UV put on during the manufacturing process.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Most stores will no have the AR removal stuff as its bad for health and safety as its absorbic acid I think and would burn through your skin.

Better off just gettin new lenses with a tint.

• Advertisement
Advertisement