Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subway

Options
  • 11-06-2009 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    i don't work for subway but I just wanted to put a good word in for subway at the top of william street in centra. I have been watching my money very closely lately and I hate when I feel ive been ripped off. I think subway in the cresent is terrible. You can't have this deal, you can't have that deal. A total rip off like all eating places in the cresent

i work near the subway at top of william street and i have to say the guys working in there are so lovely and really obliging. They do great deals that other subways in town don't offer and I always feel I've gotton value for money. So if you enjoy the occassional sub I would recommend going there and you won't be dissappointed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭4tothefloor

msmuffins wrote: »
    Hi all
    i don't work for subway but I just wanted to put a good word in for subway at the top of william street in centra. I have been watching my money very closely lately and I hate when I feel ive been ripped off. I think subway in the cresent is terrible. You can't have this deal, you can't have that deal. A total rip off like all eating places in the cresent

i work near the subway at top of william street and i have to say the guys working in there are so lovely and really obliging. They do great deals that other subways in town don't offer and I always feel I've gotton value for money. So if you enjoy the occassional sub I would recommend going there and you won't be dissappointed
    Subway is just a franchise, so you're dealing with different owners in almost every outlet you visit. Same name but different owners. The lease for the Subway in the Crescent has been up for sale for the last 2+ years, so seeing as the owner is trying to get out of it I doubt he cares too much about meal deals!

I for one can't understand the Subway craze, it's a pile of rubbish if you ask me :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Dumb

Subway is just a franchise, so you're dealing with different owners in almost every outlet you visit. Same name but different owners. The lease for the Subway in the Crescent has been up for sale for the last 2+ years, so seeing as the owner is trying to get out of it I doubt he cares too much about meal deals!

I for one can't understand the Subway craze, it's a pile of rubbish if you ask me :eek:

Yeah. Buy a roll and a few slices of ham in Dunnes Stores. Now that's tasty! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The Franchisee's who are with Subway also hate Subway(rates and fees) but the advertising and marketing the franchisee's get is second to none.

The daily special 6" subs they do ARE good value and the meal deals are ok value.

One thing you can say about Subway is that their subs are consistent in every single outlet.

The crescent, Henry St and cruises street are owned by one guy. A Garda.

The one on William Street and O'Connel Street are owned by another.

The one in Roxborough and Dooradoyle are owned by a woman.

It should not matter though because they all make to the same standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Berty wrote: »
    The Franchisee's who are with Subway also hate Subway(rates and fees) but the advertising and marketing the franchisee's get is second to none.

The daily special 6" subs they do ARE good value and the meal deals are ok value.

One thing you can say about Subway is that their subs are consistent in every single outlet.

How do you know this stuff :D?
    Honestly man you must know everyone in town :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Who owns the one by the Groody bar ?? eh? eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭djman

I thought the cresent one was owned by Limerick Independent owner?? Thought he had a couple more of them too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I don't think the Garda owns the Cresent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I find their subs to be delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

3 times i have gone to the one on St Nessans Road and each time the girls there says "sorry, no meatballs" I am starting to get a complex, maybe she thinks I am a meatball and wont serve me!!!!
    But its getting bloody annoying.
    One thing i do love about Subway is the way you can pick ure own salad/sauces so those of us who HATE mayonaisse arent obliged to say "no mayo" and be made wait an extra 10 mins for yours to be specially made!!! On a side note can anyone tell me anyhwhere in town I could get a Tuna sandwich that has NO mayo mixed thru it??? It drives me mental!!!!:mad:

How do you know this stuff :D?
    Honestly man you must know everyone in town :)

My Company sells Food Service Equipment. I am a food service consultant(sort of).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

not a fan of subway myself, cant stand how they wont let you finish your order without shouting "you want cheese?!" "you want toasted?" "meal deal?" "cookie!" at you instead of just taking it that you know what you want and would tell them if they let you,...

And its funny thats people think its healthy food, some of it can be but most of the subs have more calories than a big mac in them, check out the meatball 12", over 1000 in that, you may as well be eating a bag of greasy chips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Your post makes you sound like you connected to that subway shop..being honest id had it in many places and was the same.Im pretty sure they do all the same deals aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭4tothefloor

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I don't think the Garda owns the Cresent one.
    I don't think so either, unless it has changed hands since. Could find out though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

Your post makes you sound like you connected to that subway shop..being honest id had it in many places and was the same.

does anybody else see something humorous about this post?
    sorry irishvamp90, but i'm giddy

Baldie wrote: »
    Who owns the one by the Groody bar ?? eh? eh?

I cannot remember her name so all I can tell you is that its a woman. I have her number in my phone but its all the way upstairs and Im toooooo lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

have to say i agree with the op, the subway in william st is excellent and staff are very friendly. have to agree about the offers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

i go to the one at the groody bar alot and and when i was at the subway on cruises st i definitely thought that they were pricier than than the one at groody bar.

i go to the one at the groody bar alot and and when i was at the subway on cruises st i definitely thought that they were pricier than than the one at groody bar.

Thats not possible. It may of course been in your head because you might assume the Groody is cheaper because it is in a student environment.

Thats not possible. It may of course been in your head because you might assume the Groody is cheaper because it is in a student environment.

Why is that not possible? Cruises St is defintely dearer than the O'Connell St branch anyways, it was up to a couple of months ago at least. I am 100% sure of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Why is that not possible? Cruises St is defintely dearer than the O'Connell St branch anyways, it was up to a couple of months ago at least. I am 100% sure of that.

I'm guessing it's because Subway is a franchise operation and the prices should be similar if not the same across all outlets in a country. E.g. the same meal in Mc Donalds near Superquinn and McDonalds on Cruises Street (at least that's where I think it is) should cost the same.

• Advertisement

rmacm wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's because Subway is a franchise operation and the prices should be similar if not the same across all outlets in a country. E.g. the same meal in Mc Donalds near Superquinn and McDonalds on Cruises Street (at least that's where I think it is) should cost the same.

Well I am 100% certain that the Cruises St branch was (and may still be, I stopped going there) 20c dearer for a footlong sub than the O'Connell St Branch. For a while they also refused to give footlongs as "sub of the day", 6" only. They charged full price if you got a footlong version of it. I pointed out the stupidity of it one day when I told her that it wasn't a footlong i had ordered, it was two 6"s. They changed their policy on this about a month or so after i first argued with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I don't think so either, unless it has changed hands since. Could find out though :D

Definitely doesnt own the one in the crescent.

Has one in Castlebar though i think!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Prices are the same everywhere afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yep they have set product pricing in all their outlets.

OP, If you have good things to say about the Subway on Wiliam street, I suggest you drop a mail to the head of the Subway Franchises for Ireland to let him know, as most people, myself included, are quick to say when something is wrong, but are slower to pass on a compliment of a positive experience to the powers that be.

Good feedback to the owner from the HO guy may earn those staff some reward for their excellent customer service.

Paul Heyes
    Office: +44 (0)28 9334 5950
    Fax: +44 (0)28 9334 9601
    Email: paul@subwayireland.co.uk
    Email: neil@subwayireland.co.uk

I am 100% sure that there was a pricing a difference between the two stores. Why exactly would I make it up? It was a 20c difference in the price of a footlong. I don't work in the city center as much anymore so I can't be sure on the current prices, but this was certainly the case at some stage in the last 12 months.

Or you can PM me and I will provide you with the contact number of the Regional Manager for Subway Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭RINO87

Kess73 wrote: »
    Yep they have set product pricing in all their outlets.

OP, If you have good things to say about the Subway on Wiliam street, I suggest you drop a mail to the head of the Subway Franchises for Ireland to let him know, as most people, myself included, are quick to say when something is wrong, but are slower to pass on a compliment of a positive experience to the powers that be.

Good feedback to the owner from the HO guy may earn those staff some reward for their excellent customer service.

...thats a really good idea!

Advertisement