Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take That - Restricted view - 35 euro

Options
  • 11-06-2009 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭

Take That tickets on sale now.

Restricted view.

35 euro

Ticketmaster

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

EDIT: Sorry i took your post completely wrong. Apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Gazza22 wrote: »
    You can't sell tickets on Boards.

I dont think they are. ticketmaster are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Direct Linkage

€35.00 + Service Charge €4.40 = €39.40 per ticket.

When i did a search, was given section 306 which is halfway line on in the cusack stand which i wouldn't have called restricted really :confused:

If take that is your thing :p, this is good, cause tickets go up to €95

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Dalefarm

cant find 'em - eek....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Dalefarm

Sorry, just found them.....!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Yeah i did a search there and its 306 too, which is at the centre circle! Seems odd they are that cheap & what the hell will they have to restrict view from there??
    I'd be tempted to buy 2 tickets and sell to cousins or whoever at full price:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

theres probably rigging or something in the way. They aren't that stupid.
    Be careful

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Why are they called restricted then? Saving face?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

theres probably rigging or something in the way. They aren't that stupid.
    Be careful

I think that too, there has to be something amiss here.
    No way can a concert that couldn't cope with demand suddenly have tickets that seem perfect going for so cheap!!
    I'll steer clear i think! and wait & watch...and hope it all falls apart!!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

There's an A and a B stage. Also I think some aerial stuff in the middle of the stadium so there could well be obstructions from those seats. But pretty cheap for a show with a cast of 200 performers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

I bought 2 tickets - I'll report back what the view was like!

Hey at least I'll hear TT live and if I get a few glimpses of howard I'll be happy!!!

Wonder if it will be a case of - If it looks to good to be true.........

Will they really be restricted view or is it a way to twart touting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭mel123

i think its more to stop the touts to be honest, and think its a great. people were selling tickets for 200 and 300, dont know if any people bought them, but i defo wouldnt support touting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭Genghis

Had a look at this. The OH is very interested in going. Have to say that the seats do not appear to be restricted views (mid-pitch of Lower Cusack). I wonder were they conservative when the seats went on sale first, not releasing certain bakks of seats needed to install the stage, etc. Then when all in place they decided to release them.

Good bargain either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

atgate wrote: »
    There's an A and a B stage. Also I think some aerial stuff in the middle of the stadium so there could well be obstructions from those seats. But pretty cheap for a show with a cast of 200 performers.

now it's starting to make sense - I saw 20+ full sized Take That trucks down in the yards in East Wall (a fair enough distance from Croker still) but that's a hell of a lot of kit for 1 gig.......picked up a couple of the restricted tix for the missus yesterday as her friend is nearly 7 months pregnant, but she wants to stand, so passed them on to the sis in law........I thought it would just be Speaker Rigs in the way, but maybe they'll miss some of the glitz - I'm sure they'll enjoy the show and if they can still see screens it will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

These tickets could be for the back few rows in the lower tiers. The upper tier hangs down quite a bit which was fine for a football match however if the stage is a good height off the ground you could be missing quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Friends of mine got restricted view tickets for a Liverpool game last year. They were in the front row of The Kop but the corner flag was in their way, doesn't seem like much but they said it was really annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I picked up 2 for the OH there. 305 Lower Cusak.

I paid full price for tickets to Dubs games and have been stuck behind a screen, paid 80 quid for a ticket to Bon Jovi (under duress) only to be stuck up on the last row of upper Hogan.

In paying full whack you're still at risk of getting shafted, at least with this they prewarn you about the viewing potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

Obviously corporate returns. My wife just got 2 really good seats for face value for tomorrows take that concert.
    If mods want to move please do - couldn't find anywhere more appropriate.
    Just found them the normal way on ticketmaster. I checked after my wife got hers and more were still available in the hogan lower stand near the stage for €85pp including booking fee. I post this with the hope no unscrupulous tout uses the info to screw someone over. I hope someone who wants it for themselves gets them. Same tickets (or slightly worse actually) available on needaticket for €370 each.

EDIT: Just noticed other thread on this re restricted view tickets. Mods close or merge if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

you think getting something for face value is a bargain

god i wish the mods would clean up bargain alerts a bit, the place is balls these days

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

god i wish the mods would clean up bargain alerts a bit, the place is balls these days

In fairness to the OP when a gig has been sold out for months and ticket prices are stupidly inflated on ebay etc. a face value ticket (or restricted view) is a bargain. And I for one use this forum for these type of posts... (for the record I'm not slagging just my 1/20th of a euro)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

Couldn't agree more - the sooner we stop people shooting their mouths off rather than offering something constructive the better off we'll all be.

Concert tickets can't be compared to normal products sold in shops where stock is usually unlimited and face value has a clear meaning. For someone who could have ended up paying a scout hundreds for the same ticket this is a bargain. The idea of different market forces might be a bit complex for some people though.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭The Blonde One

walshki wrote: »
    Obviously corporate returns. My wife just got 2 really good seats for face value for tomorrows take that concert.
    If mods want to move please do - couldn't find anywhere more appropriate.
    Just found them the normal way on ticketmaster. I checked after my wife got hers and more were still available in the hogan lower stand near the stage for €85pp including booking fee. I post this with the hope no unscrupulous tout uses the info to screw someone over. I hope someone who wants it for themselves gets them. Same tickets (or slightly worse actually) available on needaticket for €370 each.

EDIT: Just noticed other thread on this re restricted view tickets. Mods close or merge if you wish.

Thanks for this!! The seats are brill!!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

I just got 2 normal full price ie 79.50 tickets on ticketmaster a few hours ago (for the mrs of course!). They were still selling corporate tickets last time I checked for anybody who's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I never knew this could happen for any concert. Handy to know.....
    (couldn't be dragged to take that kicking and screaming)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

Got a couple in Section 651.

Great find OP, Just saw them on Jonathan Ross. And logged on and got the tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

Girls, we're talking about a 'has been' boy band here, right....:o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

dingding wrote: »
    Got a couple in Section 651.

Great find OP, Just saw them on Jonathan Ross. And logged on and got the tickets.

They seem to be gone now, just logged on and when I clicked Find Tickets got:

Tickets Not Available
    Tickets are currently not available online for one of the following reasons. Please check back for availability.

Tickets may not be on sale yet
    Tickets may not be available at this time. More tickets may become available later
    Tickets may not be available online just hours before an event occurs
    On rare occasions, tickets may only be available at Ticket Centres or the box office

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

All gone now anyhow......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

cAr0l wrote: »
    They seem to be gone now, just logged on and when I clicked Find Tickets got:

Tickets Not Available
    Tickets are currently not available online for one of the following reasons. Please check back for availability.

Tickets may not be on sale yet
    Tickets may not be available at this time. More tickets may become available later
    Tickets may not be available online just hours before an event occurs
    On rare occasions, tickets may only be available at Ticket Centres or the box office

Had a look and all the tickets are gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

atgate wrote: »
    In fairness to the OP when a gig has been sold out for months and ticket prices are stupidly inflated on ebay etc. a face value ticket (or restricted view) is a bargain. And I for one use this forum for these type of posts... (for the record I'm not slagging just my 1/20th of a euro)

I'm not having a pop or anything - but look at the facts, this gig didn't sell out at all, they had plenty of tickets and have released additional tickets on at least 2 occasions, the tout problem will not be sorted out as long as promoters continue to create the arena for them to to thrive.

Having said that the other thread on the restricted view seats is a bargain (well probably, it's not like there's any information anywhere on what restrictions there are in the view, with a show as big as this, surely people will still have a decent view of one of the stages ?
    I picked up a couple for the missus yesterday, and then saw that they were selling them for the lower tier all the way around the ground ????? that looks like they either had loads of returns or they are trying something to stop high priced touting outside the ground.......

Whatever, I wouldn't be a big Take That fan, but they are probably one of the few bands in any genre that has had a comeback and actually released good material, and the show they are going to put on today must be something special - they've got 20 full trucks parked down in East Wall - that's a hell of a lot of gear, with 200 people in the stage show..........

Advertisement