Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is their a bar at the slane castle concerts?

Options
  • 11-06-2009 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

All in the title:):)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Yeah, there's usually a Leffe stand and an ales of the world tent. There are also microbrewerys on site if that tickles your fancy...

....just kidding, I'm sure it's just watered down Heinkien & Budweiser in plastic cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

:( ah that doesnt sound too pleasing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I'm sure it's just watered down Heinkien & Budweiser in plastic cups.
    Oh no: you wouldn't get Diageo and Heineken sharing space at something like this. It'll be Heineken or Bud. Most likely the former.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

BeerNut wrote: »
    Oh no: you wouldn't get Diageo and Heineken sharing space at something like this. It'll be Heineken or Bud. Most likely the former.

Carlsberg and Guinness are the usuals at Slane I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Crap beer but quite efficient service the last 2 times I was there. One time I think there was a 2 drink minimum, €5 per pint. There were only about 3 pints on offer, this mean there was a crew steadily pouring drinks in the background, and others just handing over fivers & tenners. Worked very well. Of course I expect the miserable bastards will have €5.50 or €6 pints now.

I hate some busy venues, they should all have one set of staff CONSTANTLY pulling pints and lining them up. Insteady half the time is collecting money, then waiting on other staff already at the taps or tills.

If you even go to O'Donoghues in dublin on a busy night they have loads of guinness settling away so you never wait long.

The O2 have trays like in mcdonalds, you can get 4 pints that fit in cardboard slots, and they even give you caps for the pints like mcdonalds.

The likes of slane should have vending machines with safely crumbling biodegradeable cans.

oxegen had a good scheme with the refund on the decent plastic cups. So there was no litter as people were collecting them and making a fortune.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    The O2 have trays like in mcdonalds, you can get 4 pints that fit in cardboard slots, and they even give you caps for the pints like mcdonalds.
    The O2 will also do your pint of stout in 5 seconds, thanks to these babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

But the tradition of the two part pour, that marketing, more marketing and all that money spent on marketing!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

interesting, I never actually saw them pouring, just lads with loads of those trays, they can stack on top of each other, lads were walking back to seats with 8 pints, no spillage at all even though it was fairly packed. I am able to pour my smuggled-in rum in 2 seconds ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Lord Henry will also be pre-launching his very own new Whiskey in the VIP section of the Slane gig.

A cooley creation I imagine.

To be officially launched on the 1 July 2009 in New York.

Simply to be called

Slane Castle Irish Whiskey

and described as Finest Premium Blend but then again why wouldn't say wonderful things about your own product ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

They should ban all drink, its rediculous that my kids have access so to so much drink

• Advertisement

They should ban all drink
    Or at least some sort of breathalyser on Boards after 10pm on a Friday.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Lord Henry will also be pre-launching his very own new Whiskey in the VIP section of the Slane gig.

A cooley creation I imagine.

To be officially launched on the 1 July 2009 in New York.

Simply to be called

Slane Castle Irish Whiskey

and described as Finest Premium Blend but then again why wouldn't say wonderful things about your own product ;)

Is it a peated whiskey? There's something terribly wrong about this new trend in Irish whiskey.

I know that Heineken and Budwiser are your two favourite beers, but you have to accept that most other people treat them as the same.

you have to accept that most other people treat them as the same.
    I am sure that any actual Heineken and Budweiser drinkers here will tell you different. Irish drinkers are the world's most brand-loyal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

What company runs the bar there?

Advertisement